Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simplysrujan Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2005, 10:20 AM
    Need info about copyrighting and marketing my stuff
    Hi,
    I write captions for different brand names as a hobby. I also did create some patriotic, humourous captions that can used on T-shirts, Posters etc. and would like to know how I should go about marketing them. Should I take a copyright on those captions. I read that copyrights can't be issued for oneliners. How should I protect my interest?
    Can anyone suggest me a marketing plan?
    Thanks in advance
    SR
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2005, 04:10 AM
    Copyright
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysrujan
    Hi,
    I write captions for different brand names as a hobby. I also did create some patriotic, humourous captions that can used on T-shirts, Posters etc. and would like to know how I should go about marketing them. Should I take a copyright on those captions. I read that copyrights can't be issued for oneliners. How should I protect my interest?
    Can anyone suggest me a marketing plan?
    Thanks in advance
    SR

You can copryright the art form of the quote, to help protect yourself, place the items in a envelope and mail it to yourself, postal mark will show the date claimed. Do not open the envelope when return, except in front of someone who will signed a affidavit attesting to the fact.

Aug 28, 2005, 08:14 AM
    Mailing this does not work
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    But I read the information on www.uspto.gov. It clearly says that the mailing thing doent work. The government doesn't honour that kind of protection.
    If you know of anything else, please do let me know.
    Thanks
    Sr
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2005, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysrujan
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    But I read the information on www.uspto.gov. It clearly says that the mailing thing doent work. The government doesnt honour that kind of protection.
    If you know of anything else, please do let me know.
    Thanks
    Sr

The idea there is to proctect your items to be copyright protected, you still must file for copryright. The mailing proctects the date of the items.

Aug 28, 2005, 10:17 AM
    Thank You
    Thanks for the reply. I would try to do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question on Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

Indetify and discuss the ethical and social reponsibility issues that face mordern marketing May you help me with this Question on Marketing

ISP marketing/sales [ 5 Answers ]

I am entering into ISP sales with some sales experience, but in other areas, does anyone have any good websites or books that they know about on this subject? It would be appreciated! :)

Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

What are the 4 p's of marketing?

View more questions Search