Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmacelyn Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Thinking about future
    I've been trying for a baby for a while now and I was just thinking ahead if I do get pregnant I need a insurance or something like that to help me.I have started my own business a year ago (I know timing is not that good, but I'm desperate to have a baby now I think I'm ready) Just thinking about the future does anyone know any insurances that would cover me for maternity pay if I do get pregnant?
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Not if you own your own business.
    Insurance is always a good thing to have, it really does affect the quality of healthcare you receive.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Id really think twice about deliberate pregnancy without proper medical coverage. Lots can happen. And babies get sick. Its just the truth.

Make sure, if possible, that you are financially ready to have a child. I'm not saying don't have one, but a little planning is responsible and can save you from financially crushing debt.

Sometimes we don't get to choose. Sometimes little ones show up whether we plan for it or not. And most people find a way to make it work...

But that's not an excuse for not having medical coverage. Yes, it is expensive. Yes, it can be hard with your own business. But of all the things my wife went without as a single mom, medical coverage was not one of them.

Are you a member of sams club? I know they were offering some kind of insurance coverage for business members. We have a small business and were considering it if my wife quit her job which carries our insurance. I have not a clue as to whether it was reasonable or reliable. Just a thought.

I have family members who didn't have med coverage on themselves or their children. Which meant in some cases the children went without proper care at times. Drove me mad. In one case I ended up loaning money so their child could get proper care and meds.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 3, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Having insurance should be something you obtain before trying to conceive. Sure not everyone has it, but they'll also tell you what a struggle it is. You would be astonished to learn how much it can cost for labor/delivery alone, with a healthy pregnancy let alone if something could possibly go wrong.

My cousin didn't have any insurance when she delivered her daughter. The "baby" is 10.5 years old and they're still paying off the medical bills. (She had an entirely healthy pregnancy)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is he thinking [ 4 Answers ]

It me again!! So my ex and I are close and than last night I text messaged him and just you no the basic hey what's up and than he text me back about an hour later and than we exchanged the usuall how was work,what you doing, how was your day!! You no the basics well his answers were not seeming...

What is he thinking [ 2 Answers ]

I am married, but deeply in love with another man. I am 42 years old and I have known him for 30 years. He, my husband, and myself all went to high school together. I have always been attracted to him and we dated for several months when we were 20 years old. We were very attracted to one...

What is he really thinking? [ 1 Answers ]

There is this guy I always like and he always had a girlfriend. I work with his mother and recently he came into the office and subtly dropped the hint that him and his girlfriend recently broke up. A week later he called me to ask if I was going out, we met up and were talking and hang out for...

Why am I thinking of her... [ 14 Answers ]

I recently (last few days) have been thinking a lot about a girl (woman now) I use to work with. We never dated and I have no idea if she liked me or was even interested. I highly doubt she was. I did ask her out to dinner, she accepted, but later declined for no reason. I found out weeks later...

View more questions Search