Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
    A milestone reached
    Well, my 2 year old has reached a great milestone in his life! He is now peeing only in his potty chair, and only wears a diaper overnight. I am so proud of him!

But one question. I have been rewarding him with cookies, but I'm afraid that's not a good thing. Does anyone know a good reward for going potty in your potty chair?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Start a pee chart and buy some real cool stickers and let him put a sticker on when he does a p.
    I wouldn't keep the cookie thing up it isn't that good for there teeth I keep that kind of thing to once a week reast of the time its fruit and dried fruits.
    Congrats to the little man though its lovely isn't it my wee girl is only 22 months 20 corrected she has been using her potty for about 2 months.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Start a pee chart and buy some real cool stickers and let him put a sticker on when he does a p.
    I wouldnt keep the cookie thing up it isnt that good for there teeth i keep that kinda thing to once a week reast of the time its fruit and dried fruits.
    Congrats to the lil man though its lovely isnt it my wee girl is only 22 months 20 corrected she has been using her potty for about 2 months.
    That is a good idea. I knew the cookies weren't a good thing but I wanted to show him that he did a good job and that's all I had.. lol.

The fruits are a wonderful idea too. He loves fruit and veggies even more than candy.

Congrats to your little girl too! It is so wonderful when you only have to buy enough diapers for overnight and a few extra, especially when you have a 3 month old that wears diapers as well. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Holy cow, just now as I was typing, he pooped in his potty chair for the first time. What kind of reward do you get for that? :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 03:35 PM
    OOOOOOO bless him I hope you gave him ultimate praise and lots of clapping, next time your at the store by a few sugar free lolly pops but give them few and far between they will act as a laxative.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Thank you, and great idea! He is so proud of himself, when he goes he points and claps. Its so cute.

And trust me, he did get the ultimate praise for going number 2 on the potty. I thought that was an issue for some children but he just sat right down and did it. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Just keep up the praise and be prepared for the odd accident. It can become a problem later on my sister in law is having an absolute nightmare with her 4 year old she has started refusing to pooh on the loo again and just goes in her pants its very strainge but she has returned to the pooh book I bought her and hopefully she will start using the loo again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I'll keep that in mind. Thank you so much! :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:10 PM
    I found stickers and hot wheels cars to be a big hit. No sweets here. He got a sticker for every pee and two stickers for every poo, and then once he reached ten stickers he got a hot wheels car.( they are 40cents at walmart, and I stocked up) as he got better at it, we made the prize harder... remembering to flush, remmebering to wash hands.. etc... then the cost of the car went up... 20 stickers and so on... now he doesn't even ask for the cars or stickers, he's just into the habit of things, and he has "chores chart" and "good choices" chart that he can earn things with.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:12 PM
    That is a good idea as well. My son loves Hot Wheels cars. He even has a track to drive them on and everything.

You guys are so full of such good ideas!
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Some people say never to bribe in potty training, but my pediatrician always said, with boys especially, you almost have to.. lol... I decided to make him earn them. It teaches hi to work for a goal, and gets him excited about the potty... so there you go two birds, one stone.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:18 PM
    One thing I have been doing lately is letting him run around naked. He knows when he has to go, but if he has a diaper/pull up on, he just uses that. Is it normal to let him run around the house naked?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Many people do that. I was always told let them run around the yard... so they would just pee on a bush or something... but it taught them the feeling... we live in the city though, and public nudity, even by a child, is really frowned upon. :) so we never did that. But I heard it works.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Ok good I just wanted to make sure I wasn't a weirdo or something.. lol
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 04:50 PM
    I did that with my daughter. Well, I bought a long skirt and didn't put anything on underneath it. It worked like a charm.

We started rewarding her with food. Then we thought better of it because - should food be used as a reward? I don't want to produce a kid that always turns to food. So, we stopped and found alternatives.

We actually bought her big girl panties when she well under way. You could do his favorite character or favorite thing - like cars. Girls have the pretty silky panties, so we went with that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat
    I did that with my daughter. Well, I bought a long skirt and didn't put anything on underneath it. It worked like a charm.

We started rewarding her with food. Then we thought better of it because - should food be used as a reward? I don't want to produce a kid that always turns to food. So, we stopped and found alternatives.

We actually bought her big girl panties when she well under way. You could do his favorite character or favorite thing - like cars. Girls have the pretty silky panties, so we went with that.
    Thank you very much! I was actually thinking about getting him some Lightning McQueen undies, that's his favorite character. I don't think he would soil Lightning McQueen.. lol :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

View more questions Search