Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leela Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Does culture influence religious practice?
    Or, does religion influence culture?
    Frequently, we see that people from different cultures practicing the same religion, have different religious customs and practices.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Aug 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Culture influences religious practice, when religion should influence culture. It used too, but it doesn't anymore.

XenoSapien
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Religion is a subset under Culture, in my opinion. Some elements of culture are literature, fine arts, music, language, religion, ethics and so on...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Yes, ma'am!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Haven't finished yet... :D
    Culture is broadly defined as acquired knowledge, beliefs, art, morals, law, customs, capabilities, and habits. That religion is an important part of culture is without question. Religion is a major part of culture .That's the relationship I have seen.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
    There are no absolutes, however, for the most part I would agree that culture influences religion.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Aug 21, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Culture determines the actions of those who live in it, religion is very much part of life within a culture, so, if follows that culture does influence reliigon, perhaps not as much as one would like to think, but enough to coerce some into a religion one would not ordinarily choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Religious Freedom [ 16 Answers ]

I have been reading where the IRS has been investigating more churches for getting involved in Politics by indorcing canidates or by telling people to vote for people that have certain beleifs ( and other reasons) that violate IRS rules and regulatoins. Does this not violate the churches...

Religious mystery [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone help me to understand what is really religious mysteries?

Bi religious marriages. [ 8 Answers ]

I am a Christian guy from the UK working in Pakistan. I have met a Muslim girl and we have fallen in love and would like to get married. Is this possible in Pakistan?

Religious Mystery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a movie with the following actors: Robert Di Niro, Robert Divall, Charles Durney. It was a Catholic theme movie that had mystery and complications. I think the movie was made around 1980. I can't seem to remember the title though.? Please reply asap if you have any info that...

View more questions Search