Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmw38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Need a non-USB external hard drive
    I'm trying to utilize an old (read: OLD) Thinkpad to play .mp3's on my home stereo. Problem is, the laptop doesn't have a USB port. Are there (ok, were there) ext h-d's that weren't USB dependent, or do I need to find a USB flash card?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Just so I understand correctly: you currently have a hard drive full of MP3s that you want to play through your stereo?

Aug 2, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Actually, I've got several DVD's with +-3,000 .mp3's on 'em.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I've never heard of a non-usb external hard drive (how would it connect?) some steroes can play mp3 cd's where the mp3's are saved as data. See if yours can
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I had the same type of issue, old laptop with no USB, no DVD drive either. There isn't a whole lot you can do other than find a DVD drive for that laptop. The mini-to-phono cables are easy to find once you have that figured out.

Aug 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Cool, appreciate the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

External Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

What up, I just purchased a new PC and I would like to know if I upload all my music and pictures on the PC, will I be able to transfer all info to an external hard drive if I purchase one months down the road? Appreciate the help and Happy Holidays to all!

80 GB Freecom external USB drive [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning! Here we go: although the power supply indicator is on and the output is OK (I've tested it) This external drive remains dead :confused: No indicator light, nothing. I have, of course, checked and rechecked all connections. I also checked it on my wife's machine. It was working...

USB Portable Hard Drive [ 4 Answers ]

I have an existing hard drive that was formatted to be a slave (without OS) and has data already on it. I removed the hard drive from the machine and plugged it into a USB Portable Hard Drive. My computer will not recognize that the external hard drive is present. I do not want to erase the data...

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Freecom External Classic Hard Drive, 153 GB Available. Attempted to “Microsoft Backup” my Laptop (approx 40GB of data) to External Hard Drive. After about 10 minutes of operating I got the following Message – “You have either run out space or the backup file (.BKF) is too large for...

View more questions Search