Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frc410 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Allocating more memory for Excel
    With Windows XP and Office 2003, SP2, is there a way to give Excel more memory?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
    No. Memory allocation is different under Windows. The MAC OS allows you to allow specific ammounts of memory to an application. Under Windows running apps use all that is available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 1116 and the baskets; allocating Cdn taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have many clients who live in Canada and have no US income. According to this Form, one has to divide their foreign income/taxes into two boxes, the passive box and the general box. As a result of the dividend tax credit in Canada, the taxes on divdend income earned if the taxable income is...

Mamagement Accounting: Allocating General Cost to a Specific Product [ 1 Answers ]

Joe runs a store and diner. He started to sell bags of peanuts, which he keeps in a heated rack on his front counter. He thought that he was making a profit because the bags cost him 6 cents a bag and he sell them for 10 cents. However an accountant tells him that he is actually losing money on...

Allocating Indirect Manufacturing Overhead Costs [ 1 Answers ]

Hans Sorensen, controller of Franklin Production, has the choice of allocating indirect manufacturing cost using either Direct manufacturing labour hours or manufacturing machine hours. If he uses labour hours for the month of January, Product A receives $312,000 in manufacturing overhead charges...

Is allocating more memory to Excel in Windows XP possible? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Is allocating more memory to particular Software like Excel, Photoshop, etc. in Windows XP possible & How? Your effort is highly valued and appreciated. Regards

Memory [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference bet. Physical memory and virtual memory. I have a total physical memory of 256MB and available is 29.70 MB while virtual is 2.00GB and available 1.96MB. Does this mean that I do not have enough space that's why I'm having slow startup?

View more questions Search