Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Ortho Never Took Molds of Teeth!
    Hi All,

I am an adult and had braces for almost 2 1/2 years. My ortho never took molds of my teeth in the beginning of my treatment. He only took pictures of my teeth, nothing fancy just pictures of the front and side. After having my braces on for a while and asking friends, I realized that everyone I knew had molds of their teeth when they started their braces treatment. Now that I have my braces off, my bite is crooked and one of my bottom teeth is further back than it should be. The ortho took molds when I got my braces off to make the retainers. He made a hawley retainter for my bottom teeth because he says that he needs to push the canine back, and not bring the other tooth forward because it is aligned correctly. My ortho has been in practice for close to 25 yrs. I am just worried that he didn't take molds in the beginning and that is why my teeth are not perfect now. He was never a really good ortho, always rushing me. I don't feel like he really looked at my teeth correctly. For example, I had to get a tooth extracted and when I went to my cosmetic dentist, he was hesisatant to extract it because he said the bone structure on the tooth was really good. I went back to my ortho and told him my concern, so he said within seconds "ok lets extract the one next to it, and infact lets extract the other one on the other side". HE wanted to extract 2 teeth all of the sudden by looking at my mouth for a couple of seconds!! I thought it wouldn't work because my jaw would be too small and I would have gaps in my teeth. So I extracted the original one that he told me to. I am just worried. I need some opinions. Is it weird that he didn't take molds of my teeth?? Am I justified in sueing him if he does not fix my teeth??
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 04:23 AM
    See my latest post in your first thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceramic Molds [ 5 Answers ]

Where can I find molds for ceramic projects. Thanks

Problems w/ortho treatment [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is at the final stage (Phase II) of her braces. Her doctor was going to take off her braces when I brought up the problem that I see in her. She has now protuded lips, gummier smile and her lips don't meet. I have taken her to different orthodontontist for second opinions. Two of them...

Ortho Tri-Cyclen-Lo [ 3 Answers ]

I have a prescription for Ortho Tri-Cycen-Lo, which I will begin taking when my period begins on Saturday. However, I am getting really nervous about taking it because I keep reading about all of the side effects. It was prescribed to me by a nurse practitioner, who didn't really give me any...

View more questions Search