Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbie2984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Discectomy recovery time
    My boyfriend is about to have a discectomy (end of August)as a result of a slipped/prolapsed disc.
    Firstly, what's the likely recovery time for him resuming work as a fire fighter?
    And secondly
    We were planning a holiday to Eygpt in October, would this be wise or should we look to put it off?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 04:51 AM
    The standard recovery time is approximately 6 weeks. However, each individual is different. You and he should discuss your concerns with his surgeon.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Is he also currently being evaluated by a physical therapist?

debbie2984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 07:44 AM
    No the Physio stopped after the MRI scan and nows he's just been told to do nothing until the op as the phsio seemed to worsen his condition
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I can thoroughly understand that. I hurt my back (partial herniation at L5-S1) back in January. I haven't worked since. I was concerned about the physio, too, but was told I wouldn't be candidate for surgery if my muscles were too weak. I don't know about that. That's telling someone if your car doesn't run right, drive it faster! Still I stretch lightly in the morning, apply moist heat and lotsa rest. Light isometrics and an ice-pack. Oh! And plenty of pain meds, too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Recovery from crash [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I'm pretty sure that my hard drive totally crashed but I would like to know if there is any way I can get the files I have on it?

Judgment Recovery [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience in judgment recovery business? I am considering starting this as a home-based business. Thanks

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

View more questions Search