Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shishcap Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Daughter's breakup with boyfriend
    My 17 year old daughter has been dating a boy her age on and off since she was 14. The relationship has been continuous for the last two years. They claim they love one another and are each others best friends. They do have a sexual relationship. He broke up with her a few days ago and, of course, I don't know all the details, but it was an amicable breakup, as far as breakups go. All of this drama happened at my house. There was crying between the two of them and a lot of talking, on his part, and holding each other and then he left. How do I help her with this? Do I wait until she asks for help and just let her know I'm here if she wants to talk? I feel totally helpless in this situation and don't know how to intervene.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 04:41 AM
    My cousin went through the same thing (shes 17 too) and my Aunt just kind of popped her head into her room one night and said "Honey I know this is hard, if you need anything or need to talk I'm here for you".
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Glinda knows her stuff.

Leave it at that. She may need some time before she comes to you, but she will. When it happens, just listen 99% of the time. She may not be ready to hear anything but you nodding your head. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter's boyfriend 3rd cosigner on mortgage [ 18 Answers ]

My husband is the primary signer on our mortgage we had use my daughter as a second due to the fact I could not prove my income.We had to use her boyfriend as a third.I want to know what his rights to our house are since he has failed to hold a job and has been fired from the job we used on the...

Daughter's graduation [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in knowing the appropriate amount for a father to spend on his daughter's college graduation present.

My daughter's boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is pregnant and her boyfriend, the father of her baby is controlling verbaly abusive. They broke up last night and I'm glad. Will they get back together? Will he be at the birth? Will she give the baby his last name? Will he go away out of her and the baby's life forever? I hope!

View more questions Search