Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowden Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Privatizing=unsure of job
    Since Indiana elected a new governor, there has been some changes. Sometimes changes are good and sometimes they are bad. My DOB is 08/19/1967... I am currently a prison nurse and unsure if I will be working at my current job as of Sept 1 due to the new company taking over the prison. What does my future hold regarding my nursing career? I have considered other options but I love working at the prison. Do you see me continuing at the prison... or moving on to another job.. or going back to school?

Nervous about the new change
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2005, 10:31 AM
    Would you really follow the advice given by an anonymous person on the internet that knows nothing about you or the situation? I could have answered this pretending to be a psychic and told you to "get out now, it all going to crumble!". Would you really do that?

Aug 5, 2005, 10:45 AM
    More specific about situation
    Thanks for your reply... I respect the fact you are honest. I am a RN(relatively new in the field... 2 yr 8 months).. I have worked at the prison for nearly 7 months. I knew the governor was heading toward the direction of privatizing... but I did not know at the time how it was going to affect me as an agency nurse. I have come accustomed to my hourly wage and I have a bottom line that I will not fall below. I have a 4 year degree and feel I am worth at least $25/hr
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Aug 7, 2005, 04:19 PM
    NeedyKarma
    Nice post. NOT! Why did you bother spreading your negativety all over the place. Isn't there another forum for you to dwell.
    If you do not believe, that is your energy don't dump it on us. There is enough non believing energy out there. It is not up to us to prove anything she asked for advice. You have none to offer.
    Remember Thumpers lesson in Bambi. If more people in the world just abided by that 1 rule it would truly be a different world. Peace ranieri
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Aug 7, 2005, 04:37 PM
    Snowden
    I feel you are to stay for a time but this will not be your mainstay. It is funny that this government issue you feel will not work out for you, because you have been looking to leave for other reasons.
    You are a healer and it is in you to do so. I see you as a mini mother Theresa. This may sound a bit strange to you now. But you have many more that need your help and are being pulled( by God) into a position that will allow you to do just this.
    You may feel compelled to leave all at once but don't. Even if you only stay part time, whilst you get these other balls rolling.
    About your money issue, no, Im sorry to say that the money will not be the same. But the other endeavors you undertake will help make up for it.
    Mind you, YOU ARE A REAL HEALER and you are being knocked down a peg or 2 pay wise, because it is not so important to you the money. Not as important as your new role will be and the praise and glory that will come from it. You have been up on a high horse about yourself and this change requires you to change a lot of your attitudes about you and your life, that you feel you have worked hrd for and deserve.
    But as with sister theresa, its not about you. Its about the ones who really need your help and they really do. Your efforts become more about the work not about the money.
    You will not want such luxury after awhile, it is not important. On your high horse, needy people could not approach you for help. You did not appear to be able to understand or be able to relate to the needy and help them until you know some of this strife yourself, in your own life.
    This was written down and decided before your birth and is your true birth right and will be your glory. You will not be without as you see it.
    Do not be nervous and do not focus on the negative. Because it will be better than it is now. And may require others around you to pick up some slack, which is also necessary for them too. Peace ranieri

Aug 9, 2005, 05:56 PM
    Thanks for your encouragement
    Thank You, Ranieri! I am truly appreciative of what you wrote in "both" replies. I do admit... I enjoy my work at the correctional facility and would hate to leave. You are definitely correct about the fact I am a helper... That is why I decided to become a nurse... Everyday is a new day and a new adventure... never a dull moment.

Thank you and God Bless you, snowden

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure also [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry I am all new at this and posted as a reply first and now as a question. I have been on a 24 day cycle. I am now 3 days late on that cycle. I am getting a faint line when tested yesterday, but this morning it is even more faint. I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow. I also have low...

Unsure [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I really need help in understanding this pregnancy situation.. I started using the patch about a year ago and had stop using it since last augest and since then I've been trying to get pregnant and nothing yet I see signs that confuse me and I go out and buy tests and they come out negative. But...

Please Help I'm So Unsure? [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm looking for a psychic who will help me as I feel so unsure inside and right now I don't trust what any of the things I feel. Let me explain about 4 months ago me and boyfriend got engaged we connect so good but then he got scared and so we decided to take things slower... we are back to...

Unsure Love [ 6 Answers ]

I am in love with an ex-con. I have joint legal custody of my child. My ex-husband is in law enforcement. Can this jeopordize the custody of my son? Would my ex-husband be able to use this as grounds for sole custody? Please advise.

Unsure [ 39 Answers ]

This is regarding the end of my 4 year relationship. My ex and I, have now been broken up for a few months now. We broke up out of the blue, he said he needed a break and left my house crying. I never heard from him until a week later, and he said he no longer loved me, and has not for 2 years. He...

View more questions Search