Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mermaidmonkyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Sowllen glands and pains, should I be worried?
    For about 8 months I have had a really swollen gland that gets even bugger when I eat. It get so big I can putfour of my fingers around it. I also have trouble digesting and it hurts to push on my stomach. My doctor doesn't think its anything and Is almost certain it isn't lymphoma but I am still worried. Is it possible to still have lymphoma or maybe a salivary tumor. What do my symptoms mean?
    Thanks
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 1, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Go get a second opinion.
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Aug 6, 2007, 12:08 AM
    I would find a different doctor because I would say if you think it is more serious you need the piece of mind of a second opinion
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Ditto.

Second opinion is needed-immediately.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 04:10 PM
    I third that the second opinion is necessary, but where is the swollen gland? Your neck I assume.

Have you been ill recently? It can take up to 6 or more months, even with antibiotics, for a swollen gland to go down.

I just get conflicting thoughts here. You have a swollen gland and can't swallow, (this points to neck) then you mention your stomach and pain.

Some confusion going on here.

X - can you clear that up?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
    The salivary gland/perhaps lymph node in the original poster's neck seems way too inflamed, but I get the feeling that there is a hernia within the duodenum, perhaps even an infection in the periteneum and the gland in the neck is showing signs of extra lymph production-but I'm not really getting the full picture here either.

Cheers J_9!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 07:00 PM
    I agree with you X. I just asked cause my little one (5) had lymph that large in the neck, strep was the culprit and took almost 8 months to completely disappear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen Salivary Glands? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, This may sound silly. I have these two hard lumps directly under my jaw about the size of large marbles (peach pits, but rounder). They have been like that for at least 6 months. I have also had my sinuses draining down the back of my throat constantly for over a year. A few months ago...

Swollen glands [ 2 Answers ]

I recently went to my dr and she told me that the glands in my cervix were sticking out. She put me on 2 antibiotics. She did not schedule follow up appointments or anything like that. Please help me. I need to know what the cause of this could be. I am married and I am faithful to him and he...

Glands [ 4 Answers ]

When is it considered necessary to remove a salivary gland? My salivary gland is swollen and may have to be removed. Should I worry?

Blocked hair glands? [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiny white bumps on my pubic hair. I'm a virgin. I read somewhere on the interent 1/3 of all guys have this condition. Will this disqualify me from joining the military? There not very noticeable

Physiological causes = the sebaceous glands do not [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have had dry hair since the age of about 13... recently I have been doing research to find a internal cause.. I was told that a Physiological causes = the sebaceous glands do not produce enough sebum... and that The secretions of the sebaceous glands are controlled by hormones circulating...

View more questions Search