Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 1, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Feeling the uterus
    The pregnancy books I am reading talk about feeling your uterus. For example, at this far along you should feel it at about one finger length from your belly button. My question is what am I feeling for? Is it hard or soft? How do I know I am feeling my uterus? Also, at how far along can you usually start feeling your uterus? I know at 12 weeks it is right above your pelvic bone. Should you be able to feel this? I am at 9 weeks now, is it possible to feel my uterus yet?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:16 PM
    When I felt it, it felt hard, like a bunch of stuff was crammed in there (and I guess it really is.. lol)

At 9 weeks, I don't think you can feel it, but I never tried at 9 weeks. I didn't usually start feeling mine until about 16 weeks, but then again around that time was the first time I would start looking for it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Without proper medical training it is hard to tell exactly what you are feeling for. Without the right training it is really hit or miss, and a guess at best.

Discuss this with your doctor to find out how it is for you.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
    I'm 25 weeks and I still can't figure out what is my uterus and what is isn't. My belly just feels hard all over.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babieface85
    I’m 25 weeks and I still can’t figure out what is my uterus and what is isn’t. My belly just feels hard all over.
    It should be about two inches above your belly button and be about the size of a soccer ball. :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I never could tell either. Once its big enough to feel, you are pretty much too sidetracked by all the kicking and squirming to care.. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
    alkalineangel agrees: lol... very helpful. ;)
    Lol.. thats what it says in my pregnancy book. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:36 AM
    I figured, it was just funny to me for some reason... the size of a soccer ball... it made me laugh.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Haha, the size of a soccer ball, but weight wise feels more like a bowling ball.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Or two...
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    or two...
    LOL definitely
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Yes its very much like that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can you see the baby in the uterus? [ 6 Answers ]

I just went for another altersound and I am 4 weeks and the doc still did not see anything and they even did the prob the one they stick up u? When can you see the baby in the altersound? Have you ever heard of someone having a altersound at 4 weeks and not seeing the baby? And the baby being OK? I...

Posterior uterus? [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am new to the site. I am pregnant with my second child and am 15 weeks along. I didn't have any problems with my first child, but at my first OBGYN appt, I was informed that I have a "posterior uterus." He asked me if I had problems with this before, but I have never even heard of it. He did...

Tilted uterus [ 1 Answers ]

Is it harder to hear the baby's heart beat at 10 weeks with a tilted uterus? Kristy

Tilted uterus [ 12 Answers ]

Do anyone know what the statistics are on getting pregnant with a very tilted uterus? The nurse said she could only see half of my cervix it was so badly tilted, and that maybe I would have to get fertility drugs to get preggy. I'm going to get a second opinion, but just wondering what everyone...

View more questions Search