Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 12:45 PM
    What do guys think
    Just curious;)

If a female is goal oriented, puts most of her effort on academic/leadership/and career insteading of looking for guys, dating.
    She isn't interested in dating until 25 yr-old, what would you guys think about her?
    Can you accept someone who starts being interested in dating until that late?
    What is your thought?

:)
    Haplo Posts: 128, Reputation: 17

Aug 1, 2007, 12:52 PM
    My thoughts are that she is very ambitious, but aside from that it doesn't speak to her character or personality at all. She can be a fabulous person or not.

If I were interested in dating her and she interested in dating me but wouldn't because of these reasons, I would feel slightly put out but no big deal. But that's just me. Some guys like ambitious girls, some do not. My only concern is that she is so focused on those aspects of her life that she may miss a very wonderful relationship without really being aware of it.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Aug 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I didn't really start dating seriously until I was 27, I just wanted to party. I wish I would have because I think you need to see what out their before you know what you want and to get experience of what the red flags are in a serious relationship. But a girl would not go out with me because I didn't date a lot or had a serious relationship. So yes I wouldn't probably date someone that didn't have expereince.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
    That's why I am in this website, I have learned so much.:)
    Thank you all.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Hello.

I would think she was a very smart lady and would give her all the credit in the world for knowing what she wanted in life and not just following the group.

You do need to have some fun during this time. All work is not good for anyone. Im not saying Boy Girl fun but be sure to take some time for yourself.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Doesn't matter what others think of your plan. Its your plan and if it works for you, then it's a darn good one. Do your thing your way. Much Luck!
    woh337 Posts: 149, Reputation: 6

Aug 2, 2007, 05:10 PM
    I think she can be able to take care of herself, smart, seems hot too;)
    Hard to get... maybe
    I also think she might be too good for me, will she like me?
    jasonpeace Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 05:35 PM
    I always like an ambitious girl, but usually they are really really hard to get a date with.
    They are always too busy with their work, school stuff like that.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Those traits certainly wouldn't decrease my interest in dating her. In fact it would probably increase them.

Of course it all depends on many other personality traits as well.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:30 PM
    "Comments on this post
    nicespringgirl agrees: she has a wonderful personality, but I forgot to add that she is against sex before marriage, that would problly bring down ur interest, is that right? :P"

No, certainly not. If I loved her enough to marry her then I would love her enough respect her wishes. I suppose I would only know how I felt about it if I were ever in such a situation.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Just curious;)

If a female is goal oriented, puts most of her effort on academic/leadership/and career insteading of looking for guys, dating.
    She isn't interested in dating until 25 yr-old, what would you guys think about her?
    Can you accept someone who starts being interested in dating until that late?
    What is your thought?

:)
    I can accept that and I think I would want to date that person more because they don't carry around a lot of baggage or kids like so many young women do now these days. I'm ready when you are.
    Eileen2005 Posts: 49, Reputation: 8

Aug 14, 2007, 10:42 AM
    I should say, finding the right person and having the right relationship is by itself an important goal in life, which needs work. But usually people think they can do whatever else they want to do and after they have accomplished all their goals they will meet somebody and get married and have children … It is not like that. Why not setting moderate goals and make a balance between work and personal life. Having a relationship, if it is a constructive one, should not affect achieving goals. It might even help progress better, not being worried about getting old and lonely. So my advice is not to separate goals from relationships. We need to love and be loved. I agree though that when you have kids it is more difficult to study, at least for the first two years. So perhaps we can have a relationship, or marriage before achieving goals and have the baby later. But having a relationship should not make us so emotional. Being too emotional can be dangerous. Relationships do not work some times and it is a fact.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Frankly, I wouldn't have a problem with anything you're suggesting. I wouldn't think much of it at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

A guy, well 2 guys, well, maybe like 20 guys. [ 4 Answers ]

Um, well, I like a guy. He says I'm pretty which is really sweet. And I like him a lot. I am willing to do anything for him. I like a lot of other guys but I don't know them well. And I know the are just crushes. So I know the first guy, I'll call him bob. Well, I know I should be with bob. He...

Guys and What they think [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, so I am not the skinniest or the prettiest girl anyone has ever seen, but I am kind of pretty. The thing I don't get is that guys really aren't attracted to me or that's what I think. Hardly anyone will date me. What do guys like that they won't date me? What can I do to get them too? Are all...

What's up with this guys? [ 15 Answers ]

Why is it that men are so cold and/or mean to women once they sleep with them? Also why is it that men treat women worse when they know they love and care for them almost unconditionally and are there for them no matter what. Why do these women get treated worse than women who act like they don't...

This is for the guys! I need help! [ 2 Answers ]

What am I supposed to do when I guy wants me to make a first move? Especially if its his first time kissing and I'm kind of experienced... and I don't know how he wants it... how do you like it? :confused:

View more questions Search