Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikkiLM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2005, 03:49 PM
    Compaq Presario Monitor.. Plz help?
    Ok,here's what's happened.. Or so I know of.

My family bought my grnadmother a computer for her b-day last year.She has not had it too long.

Recently when you boot the computer,the monitor goes straight to sleep mode. The button is not green,it is orange,and the keyboard lights dim as well. After you restart the computer about 4 times,it will generally boot both the brain and the monitor and it will work fine until you shut it off again. We have re-installed windows already,and have already gone through the system and turned hibernation off. The monitor now,does not work at all.. and its become very frustrating. I have the computer here at my house,in front of me right now and am on AIM,Yahoo and MSN. If anyone could please help,Id be so appreciated.. I am tempted to take it for a ride behind my car at this point :eek:.. lol.

Aim: femmefatalehyatt
    Yahoo: femmefatalehyatt
    Msn: [email protected]
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2005, 08:42 AM
    Monitor
    Hi,
    I would take the monitor back to where you bought it. Let their Tech check it out... possibility it's bad.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compaq Presario cases ? [ 3 Answers ]

Are the cases for the Compaq Presario 5204 proprietary like the ones for Dell used to be. I have a motherboard that I want to install in a friends system and I need to know if it will fit. The mobo is based off the Intel 845G ATX chipset.

Compaq Presario [ 3 Answers ]

Compact Presairo computer does not want to accept NEC Multi Sync LCD1530V flatscreen . Tells me Video Input is Out of Range. H: 53.7 kHz V 95.1 Hz. The unfortunate part is that it runs Windows ME... yes I know sad isn't it... but it was given to me for free, so I can't complain. Any idea's on how...

Compaq Presario vs. Sony Vaio [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just bought a Compaq Presario 6027US for $80. It's a Pentium 4 Processor, 2.0 GHz, 512 Mb, PC 2100 DDR Total System Memory. It's 3 years old. Here's what confuses me, my laptop of about the same years is a Sony Vaio PCGFXA63. And this compaq presario is either equal to or better in...

Compaq Presario Boot Up? [ 11 Answers ]

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this post Hey folks, I have a compaq Presario 5000. I have windows Xp on it. Last week I loaded xp and everything worked OK. I shut it down and moved it to a desk where I thought it will be more suitable, plugged in the power cord. It came on for...

Help With A Compaq Presario 5000 [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everybody, my old neighbor gave me a compaq presario 5000 desktop before he left(no monitor,guides etc... just "the box") the problem is that every time I turn it on it starts loading up but then the screen turns blue and there is ths message on it. "A problem has been detected & windows has...

View more questions Search