Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Multi-circuit pressurisation System (chilled water)
    Hi all,
    I am processing at material submittal for a pressurization unit for a 42 story tower in the middle east. The system is not hooked up with district cooling and we have our own chillers condenser heat echanges etc.

We have 3 circuits all of different pressures. High zone, low zone and chiller circuit. The contractor submitted a pressurisation unit consisting of only one pump set and 3 pressure vessels with the pressure in each circuit adjusted by control valves and the single pump set.

My question is; Are there any problems that may occur using the above system or would we be better off using 3 individual pressurisation units (each complete with its own pump selection based on the applied pressure) for each circuit.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J22
    Hi all,
    I am processing at material submittal for a pressurization unit for a 42 story tower in the middle east. The system is not hooked up with district cooling and we have our own chillers condenser heat echanges ect.

We have 3 circuits all of different pressures. High zone, low zone and chiller circuit. The contractor submitted a pressurisation unit consisting of only one pump set and 3 pressure vessels with the pressure in each circuit adjusted by control valves and the single pump set.

My question is; Are there any problems that may occur using the above system or would we be better off using 3 individual pressurisation units (each complete with its own pump selection based on the applied pressure) for each circuit.
    Why do you have so many zones, 1 pump with PRVs and an expansion tank would be fine
    A 42 st building, assumed each fl is 3.5 m height, would required at least 17 atmosphere (250 psia); check the spec on your valves and coils, may not even need the prv
    EGrant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 06:17 AM
    It would be wise to install a fail over pump unit (N+1)for break down or maintenance.Are all your circuits capable of taking the pressure referred to above or are the zoned circuts banded to the pressure of each circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Chilled water pressurization unit [ 3 Answers ]

1- what is the function of the pressurization unit in chilled water system and can the system operate with out it i.e with expansion tank only 2-what the correct arrangement of pressurization unit+expansion tank+air separator.. I mean how these are linked together

Chilled water pump for HVAC [ 15 Answers ]

Kindly let me know what pump I should use for a chilled water close loop system where required flow rate is 102 m3/hr and the max. hight of building is 100 ft.

Chilled water pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am very new to askmehelpdesk.com. My question is, The building height is 300m. There are 6 chilled water risers going up to 125m height. The chilled water flow rate of each riser as follows. Riser 1 & 2 - 150l/s Riser 3 & 4 - 180l/s Riser 5 & 6 - 100l/s Chilled...

View more questions Search