Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 03:31 AM
    Starting power for a motor.
    dear friends,

i would like to know what will be the starting power for a motor. i have heard that it will take almost double the power while starting. is it true.
    is it different for single phase and three phase motor.
    what is the concept and how is it calculated.

if i want to put solar power to the motors. should i select the battery of double capacity. what if i start the motor two or three times a day.

how much power will a 50 HP 3 phase air compressor and a 10kv 2 phase welding machine consume while starting them.
    can these be connected to batteries and solar power.
    should i increase the battery capacity to adjust with starting current.

please reply .. urgent.
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2011, 09:00 AM
    I believe that the starting power of a motor depends upon the starting method used(across the line or wye delta) and HP of motor. This is taken into account to size a generator.
    For welding plant draw a curve of current Vs time and calculate in a similar fashion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Want power assisted bike with weed eater motor [ 3 Answers ]

I want to attach the weed eater that I finally got running to my old mountain bike. I need to know how to convert the high rpm's to more torque. I was thinking that maybe put a propeller on it or directly to the back tire. Need some ideas. Thanks Here are some clips of both ideas: YouTube -...

Starting of MCCB/ACB with Motor [ 1 Answers ]

How MCCB work along with motor? Similarly how ACB work with motor?

Furnace motor has power but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace motor will not start, however if I give it a gentle turn by hand (via the fan), it starts right up and runs fine. Is the is capacitor or a switch problem in the motor? Thanks...

Trouble Starting, Clicks a few times then starts, power is fine [ 2 Answers ]

Car:Subaru outback, 98 A while back I went to start it and got the 'click' tried again and it started no prob. A few weeks later same thing, but took a few tries to start, was sluggish to start at first but then turned over. Yesterday it did it again. Clicked about 4-5 times, then a little...

View more questions Search