Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
    In the 21st Century or any other the Christian standard for giving is found in 2 Corinthians Chapter 9. Tithing is Old Testament, and part of the Law Christians were liberated from by Christ.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Aug 2, 2007, 08:28 PM
    I would not have a problem with using debit cards. It's just like writing a check. Credit, on the other hand, just doesn't sit well with me. Taking a loan to give to your church, even if you pay it off right away, just gives me a bad feeling. We should support our churches. Just don't go in dept doing it.
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

Aug 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
    I saw a company the other day that makes such a device. It is a little card reader that you can install anywhere in the church and people can swipe their debit card to tithe and choose the amount they want to give. I would probably tithe more often if I had such an option. I never carry cash and use my debit card for everything from as small as a bottle of coke at the gas station and all my other purchases. It is a pain to carry around cash and change.
    tithe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 05:51 AM
    I think a tithe is only suppose to be 10%, right? I guess if I tithed it would still be 10%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Tithing Cause Blessings? [ 34 Answers ]

Does The Bible Support Tithing in This Present Kingdom Age of Grace? And does Tithing bring yourself personal gain and blessings? Intrested to hear people's views on this ! Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now...

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

Buick century [ 4 Answers ]

My buick century has a acceleration problem between 30-50mph I've tried everything but can't figure it out,help

Buick century custom [ 2 Answers ]

What is the differents between buick century and buick century custom?

Sixteenth-century art [ 1 Answers ]

I have been learning about art history, but do not fully understand it. I was hoping that someone could give a little clarification on the difference between artwork that was made for private patrons and for sacred artwork? Thank You Taryn

View more questions Search