Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    just-holmes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 10:53 PM
    How to become a real estate agent?
    Do you have to graduate high school to become a real estate agent?
    Or can you become one with a G.E.D.?
    beingteri Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Sep 18, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by just-holmes
    Do you have to graduate high school to become a real estate agent??
    Or can you become one with a G.E.D.??
    Well Mr. Holmes,
    You need only have graduated with a High School education. Any means that your state recognizes as fulfilling that purpose is an acceptable form of completion. For instance... I live here in California, where there at least 3 ways to satisfy the requirements for graduating or it's equivalent.
    1) go through the High school for 4 years passing all the necessary classes and pass an exit exam covering what they deem to be the minimum level of knowledge a 12th grader should have.
    2) If you aren't able to pass the exit exam, don't complete the necessary classes with a passing grade or leave school before doing either... you can get a GED certificate by "returning" to classes and passing their final. You can do this earlier than when you would normally graduate if you have the required minimum passing credits met and you are at least 17 1/2 when you take the test.
    3) At 16, you may take the California Proficiency Test. This costs around $80, is only given 4 times a year, and is rated on a Pass/Fail basis. You don't need to show proof of classes completed, only be 16 years old and have permission from a parent.

No matter which of the above paths you choose, they all equal the same thing in the eyes of a future employer, the Armed Forces, or Institutions of Higher Learning... basically, you have graduated High school!

To be a Real Estate Agent in most, if not all, the States... you must have a High school diploma or equivelancy, be 18 years old when you take the test, and be able to pass a background check. Some also require you to take a class or two before being able to sign up for the test. Is Real Estate a career choice you are serious about looking into, or were you just wondering? What state do you live in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Actually it will depend on your state, some states may not even require a high school education or a GED. Merely complete the states required real estate course and pass the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate Agent [ 1 Answers ]

In about a month I am moving from Florida to California. After I get there, I would like to get a license to sell real estate. Can anyone recommend a good online school I can use? What is the percentage rate of people passing the test? And can someone give me an example of what kind of...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

How does someone become a real estate agent? Does it take long and what do you do after you have the credentials? How do you get started? Any advice would be great. I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.:cool:

View more questions Search