Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    well the reason i wrote that last paragraph was to explain that i think my thought process was altered because i was in a way being manipulated. The two people would always talk sexually around me about themselves and always ask me about my penis and such. I hope im not gay, and there is that possibilty of being BI, i just hope my love for women increases more than women... Hopfully it is just a phase that i will eventually get over
    It is possible that you could get over it. After all, anything is possible. It does sound like you were somewhat manipulated, but it in no way means you are gay for sure. Think about it this way, do you fantasize about being with men? Or do you just think you could be gay because of these experiences?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:32 PM
    You probably aren't gay! You sound very straight to me. ;)
    Universal Truth Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2007, 11:36 PM
    It's not a phase. It's a subconcious desire that you are expressing in a tentative fashion. It seems more like you are trying to test out what peoples reactions are before you commit. You should express confidence in your decisions. If you lack it, people will sense the weakness and ridicule you for it. That's how most people actually manipulate others.

These past experiences were probably brought on by a weakness in your character that they found they could exploit. You had to show some tendency to discuss your penis, otherwise you would have avoided those individuals altogether. This only strengthens the case that you have made a choice, but you are unwilling to take responsibility for it.
    Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Truth
    I see your point, but you are missing mine. You stated your situation, thus proposing an alternative. It's an implied meaning. It's like when your friend says that he hates his car cause it's a pile of crap, and you say "my car runs great". You are not actually saying "you should have bought a car like mine" but you are implying that your car is better given the situation at hand. Anyway, it's not the point. I'm not here to argue with you over what you said. I disagree with it, and that offends you. I really don't care. I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to give an honest opinion. Can we please get back to the issue at hand?
    I get your point as well, but I in no way think I am better than anyone, or my religion is better than others. You didn't offend me. Why should I be offended? Being a part of that religion was a personal experience of mine and I am proud to have experienced it. But like I said, I am not trying to convert anybody. I am not even a member of that religion anymore.

P.S... have you read how the rating system works? Bad ratings aren't generally given for personal experiences, or opinions. They are SUPPOSED to be used if a person is dead wrong about something, but it doesn't always go that way. I don't usually give out bull crap ratings, but yours kind of caught me off guard and pi$$ed me off. I am sorry about that though.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sometimes I fantasize about men but I think the reason I do is because I think I'm gay and thefore I try to act gay. I read that boys for some reason go through a gay period of where they tend to fantasize about other boys. However I don't think this happens at my age, and it has been going on for like a year. Maybe I am just comparing myself to the other boys? I never attempted or planned to make a move on a boy.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:40 PM
    sometimes i fantasize about men but i think the reason i do is because i think im gay and thefore i try to act gay. I read that boys for some reason go through a gay period of where they tend to fantasize about other boys. However i dont think this happens at my age, and it has been going on for like a year. Maybe i am just comparing myself to the other boys? I never attempted or planned to make a move on a boy.

I have never heard of the "gay period" that boys go through, but then again I am not a boy. It could be that the fact that you think you are gay is the reason that the fantasizing takes place. The feeling that you are gay could be overwhelming your mind.

You know what I think though? No one really knows until they experience it. I am in no way condoning someone as young as yourself particpating in any sexual act, let me just get that out of the way. But if you try it, and don't like it, you aren't gay. If you do like it, but still like women, you could be bi. And if you try it, and like it better than women, you could be gay. See what I'm getting at?

Jul 31, 2007, 11:42 PM
    It's not a phase. It's a subconcious desire that you are expressing in a tentative fashion. It seems more like you are trying to test out what peoples reactions are before you commit. You should express confidence in your decisions. If you lack it, people will sense the weakness and ridicule you for it. Thats how most people actually manipulate others.

These past experiences were probably brought on by a weakness in your character that they found they could exploit. You had to show some tendancy to discuss your penis, otherwise you would have avoided those individuals altogether. This only strengthens the case that you have made a choice, but you are unwilling to take responsibility for it.
    I see your point, hmm, well they probably took an advantage of the fact that I have never had any guidance in my life, so I think I kind of looked to them as family. My dad was never there for me and my mom is to busy at work for me.

Jul 31, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I have never heard of the "gay period" that boys go through, but then again i am not a boy. It could be that the fact that you think you are gay is the reason that the fantasizing takes place. The feeling that you are gay could be overwhelming your mind.

You know what I think though? No one really knows until they experience it. I am in no way condoning someone as young as yourself particpating in any sexual act, let me just get that out of the way. But if you try it, and dont like it, you arent gay. If you do like it, but still like women, you could be bi. And if you try it, and like it better than women, you could be gay. See what i'm getting at?
    Yeah I see what your talking about, I suppose that makes the best sense, since I can't really tell without actually having contact with a male or a female

Jul 31, 2007, 11:44 PM
    There is a reason behind the fantasies...

I suggest trying my friends logical approach at it. It's really an impirical thing. If you question it, no amount of talking will lead to an answer.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:44 PM
    I see your point, hmm, well they probablly took an advantage of the fact that i have never had any guidance in my life, so i think i kind of looked to them as family. My dad was never there for me and my mom is to busy at work for me.

He did bring up a good point. You were looking to others for guidance, and happened to run into someone that took advantage of you when you were vulnerable. I hate people that manipulate like that. It is just flat out wrong.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
    How could a nice guy like yourself be gay.
    Maybe your just looking t much into this.
    You keep thinking gay so your turning gay.
    I think when you think about things too much you start to think its true when really its not.

Jul 31, 2007, 11:48 PM
    I disagree. My parents weren't there for me either. In fact, my dad was cheating with my moms boss, while my mom was at work. I never put myself in the position to be manipulated and I hung out with some pretty shady characters back in the day. I've never questioned my sexuality. I moved to college, and never even told my parents I was going. So I'm going to disagree with the whole "lack of guidance" excuse
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:51 PM
    I disagree. My parents weren't there for me either. In fact, my dad was cheating with my moms boss, while my mom was at work. I never put myself in the position to be manipulated and I hung out with some pretty shady characters back in the day. I've never questioned my sexuality. I moved to college, and never even told my parents I was going. So I'm going to disagree with the whole "lack of guidance" excuse
    Some people are stronger than others when it comes to not having parental guidance. When some people don't get enough attention from their parents, they seek it elsewhere, and its not always a good resource.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Jul 31, 2007, 11:55 PM
    just think differnetly,
    go out and meet new people talk to some girls.
    maybe you should test yourself to see if you are gay.
    like if a h=guy was willing to let you touch him in certain places would you do it?

Jul 31, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Some people are stronger than others when it comes to not having parental guidance. When some people dont get enough attention from their parents, they seek it elsewhere, and its not always a good resource.
    Which is why I stated that part about exploiting weakness. In order to have a weakness, you have to be predisposed to certain tendencies. You have to want to change. Look at religion - people don't just believe because someone told them to. They believe because they want to; they want someone to give them an answer.

It's the same thing in this case. Is it possible that he was wanting someone to tell him he was gay? Perhaps that's why he is here.

Jul 31, 2007, 11:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1989
    just think differnetly
    Nice...

I think this is up there with telling him to just switch religions.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:59 PM
    which is why I stated that part about exploiting weakness. In order to have a weakness, you have to be predisposed to certain tendencies. You have to want to change. Look at religion - people don't just believe because someone told them to. They believe because they want to; they want someone to give them an answer.

It's the same thing in this case. Is it possible that he was wanting someone to tell him he was gay? Perhaps thats why he is here.

That is possible. It could be that he wanted someone to tell him he was gay so he would feel better about it. I don't know, because I don't know him personally. But that is a good point.

But I do have to say, there are quite a few people that are pressured into religion because they are told they will burn in Hell if they don't. It scares some people, so they start going to church.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1989
    just think differnetly,
    go out and meet new people talk to some girls.
    maybe you should test yourself to see if you are gay.
    like if a h=guy was willing to let you touch him in certain places would you do it?
    First, it is not a good thing to openly condone sexual activity when someone is underage.

And if he feels he is gay, he can't just "think differently". It isn't that simple.

Aug 1, 2007, 12:00 AM
    sGt HarDKorE -

What is it that you are looking for? Are you more concerned about being gay, or that you may not get to have that BBQ in heaven with Tammy Fae Baker and Jesus
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 12:03 AM
    I think this is up there with telling him to just switch religions.
    Except for the fact that I never told him to switch religions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I Go To Hell? [ 44 Answers ]

I am in an abusive marriage with a Christian... I plan to leave and divorce soon... will I be doomed for a divorce?

What the hell can I do ! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys and ladis.. I know that so silly for what I ask for.. but any way I'll talk ;]. It's about Social relations , I feel like am afraid from all people around me.. stuck into my room.. Sorry about that, 2 post like the same question.. But for me no , really I feel scared when m going...

What the hell? [ 7 Answers ]

Mmk. I already know I need to get rid of my boyfriend. He is my first boyfriend so tell me how to dump him without making him cry... ;)

Hell! [ 67 Answers ]

DOES HELL EXIST? The Bible speaks more of Hell than of Heaven. Jesus said it and that settles it! What think ye? Bobbye

Different degrees of hell [ 46 Answers ]

This question is for people who believe in hell, obviously. Are there different degrees of suffering in hell, or is it the same amount of suffering for everyone who goes there? Why I ask is because it seems rather unfair that everyone should face the same punishment. Take murder, for example. Say...

View more questions Search