Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leesaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2005, 05:21 PM
    Unlawful Disclosure of Information?
    I am in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Im not sure as to what my legal actions could beif there are any, could someone please enlighten me?

My employer disclosed criminal history information to a previous employer without my consent.

I worked for this company for 20 years, then I resigned, and moved out of the state. Upon my arrival back to VA, I started working for a Temp Agency who placed me with my previous employer. After the temp work was done, I was re-hired by my previous employer. I am NO LONGER working for the temp agency since my re-hire. I disclosed all of my criminal history on my application with the exception of one charge that I accidentally left off. (It was an honest mistake on my part, and I do take full responibility for that.) I was terminated by this company because of that omission. That's not what I have a problem with. I have a issue with the personnel manager calling the temp agency that I no longer worked for to inquire if I put the conviction on the application they had on file. Therfore, disclosing the conviction to the temp agency. ( I had not put it on their application as well, (not intentionally) but because I had forgotten about the conviction. My plans were to meet with the temp agency and "add" the conviction to my application. Now, I am no longer able to do that because the personnel manager disclosed that information and the temp agency thinks I am a "liar". Do I have any legal recourse?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2005, 10:00 AM
    Hello leesaw:

Not really, unless any of the information disclosed was untrue. They don't need your permission.

excon
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Aug 30, 2005, 10:09 AM
    Missing Information
    Most "At-Will" Employers disclose on the application, which requires your signature confirming that the information provided is true, your signature asserts that ALL information provided is true, complete. You make return to the temp-agency or your former employer to see a copy of the application, if such disclosure is not printed on the app, your long shot at defense will include the absence of such disclosure, because it is not readily implied; however, if the disclosure is apparent, return to the agency, request them to judge you according to your work ethic and not past infraction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information [ 3 Answers ]

How many countries are there in world? How many muslim countries? How many hindu countris? Tell me about every relegion countries

Unlawful detainer [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to court for unlawful detainer. The case was dismissed. Does that mean if he tries to get another place it may possibly show up.

Real Estate Broker disclosure obligations [ 1 Answers ]

In New York state, must a broker (or landlord) disclose that a deceased person's ashes are buried on the grounds (of a country house for rent)?

Real estate disclosure laws regarding meth labs [ 2 Answers ]

I had just purchased a home in may. I had just now gotten the sellers disclosure papers this month. On the disclosure papers she had lied about some things. To be more specific. The very first day we moved in our sewer system backed up when I ran the dishwasher. This information was not disclosed...

View more questions Search