Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Office building
    We are going to buy a lot to build an office building on it. Existings are 3 big ?

What are the procedures from testing the soil to building the building?

How do we do phase 1 environmental report? Do you know a company who in an expert in this in los angeles, California?

Existing on the lot are: 3 big trees, remains of foundation of a duples, and some dubries.

How do we know if there is a septic tank?

This is the first time we are building please let us know all the datails, we appreciate a quick respond.

Thanks a lot
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 31, 2007, 06:40 PM
    The first step you should consider when planning a construction project is finding and hiring either a licensed architect or structural/civil engineer. Either of these professional disciplines will be able to provide the services either directly or by an associated/sub-contracted services. There are a whole bunch of zoning, building and public works requirements that must be fulfilled before you can even apply for a permit to start construction.

It's a huge job and is usually a huge "headache". You can do it though. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Basically the construction engineer working with the contractor you are planing on using will inspect it. Get with the building inspector also and find what his requirements will be.
    Normally for the environmental inspection you will get and hire an environmental engineering company to do this.

And you should not buy it without it passing inspectin, make the purchase dependent upon passing these inspections.
    A septic tank should be on the county records, there is a office that inspects and approves all tanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building Products [ 3 Answers ]

Where Can I Find Bathroom Paneling That Can Be Applied Directly To Studding And Who Makes It? In This Bathroom Am Fighting For Space. Wall Thichness Is Everything And Can't Be Over 1/4 Inch.

Office 2003 vs office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so my new tablet laptop has a 3-month free trial for MS Office 2003... my ? Is, if I create a bunch of documents in Office 2003, will I still be able to work/edit them in Office 2000 once the 3-month trial of Office 2003 is over?

Building Credit [ 13 Answers ]

I have bad credit, lol,. I have like a small credit card from a few years ago, I have 6 months renters and a 7000 thousand dollar tool credit... Im screwed, I got a score of under 450... Im trying to build my credit back up... I can't even get a credit card, anyone know how... how should I try to...

Problems with office 10 and office 11 [ 9 Answers ]

OK I had office 2002 installed. The os is 2k. When in outlook using word as email editor. Word will encounter a problem. Ask to send a report shutdown then try to reclaim what you were working on. I have deleted the users profile and recreated it. I upgraded finally to office 2003. Still the same...

Building PC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Looking to build my own PC - Did 1st build with a very smart friend. Now ready to go on my own. Any websites out there that can help? Thanks Stu

View more questions Search