Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summerlynn90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 11:00 AM
    What voltage does a typical water heater need?
    220 or 240? I am converting from gas to electric, and am having to have an additional outlet run into the laundry room. Could the water heater run off the dryer plug until I get an electrician to wire another one?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:58 AM
    If your located in North America, the standard residential voltage is 240 volts.

If the water heater uses a 30 amp circuit, then the dryer circuit will handle the water heater. How would the actual connection be made?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

View more questions Search