Ask
    mimilewis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Individuals rights and liberties prior to the constitutional Convention
    Please help me with the body of my essay that is related to the title
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2007, 11:18 AM
    What research have you done? What specific help do you need?
    mimilewis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 01:41 PM
    I am browsing the internet for resources to help me, but all I know is my paper have to be based the political theories,documents,and events that have a significant effect on and respresent the development of individuals rights.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2007, 04:29 PM
    So you need to read what resources you have found.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimilewis
    please help me with the body of my essay that is related to the title
    The concept of individuals’ rights and liberties prior to the constitutional Convention necessarily starts with the concept of freedom. For example, freedom from oppression and freedom to develop one's potential.

The Bible records the story of Moses leading his people out of Egypt and its oppression (slavery), and into freedom to worship God and that is one place in history you might start; and even before that the Sumerian cuneiform contains the earliest known concept of freedom.

However, a better place for you to start, in your particular case, I suggest is to the time of Plato, or Gandhi who examines the progress of both personal and political freedom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free eye exam and glasses for indigent individuals [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in a men's drug and alcohol treatment facility in Louisiana and have no source income. I lost my glasses several months ago. How can I go about getting a free eye exam and glasses.

Useless Constitutional Law? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm talking about the president's not being allowed to declare war without Congressional consent and his getting around that by simply not declaring war and going to war anyway. If it's that easy to get around it why not trash the law altogether since it certainly isn't saving lives or hindering...

Fiscal year convention [ 1 Answers ]

I am preparing financial projections for a business plan. Would a fiscal year from Jul 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005 be properly designated as 2004 or 2005? Thank you.

View more questions Search