Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karen Bozeman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 08:39 AM
    School rating
    I am looking to relocate and would like to insure that we move to a place where the schools my child will attend are "GOOD". How might one determine the quality of any particular school in a certain area? Is this possible?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2007, 08:47 AM
    In Illinois there are "school report cards". Other states may do this too. Many "moving to" books note schools and their quality (but probably more generally). Please go to your public library and talk with a REFERENCE librarian about your needs. He/She will show you reference and circulating books that will answer your questions about schools, neighborhoods, shopping, quality of air and water, proximity of fun things to do, etc.

Real estate agencies are another place that would have the information you want. Googling with good keywords for houses for sale and schools in your area of interest might give you some information too.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Schoolmatters.com offers some information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Credit Rating [ 2 Answers ]

Does being convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor show up or affect your credit rating in the US? I have been convicted and am now trying to purchase a house. Just wondering how this will change things. Thanks!

Electrical outlet rating vs. Circuit breaker amperage rating [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am new to this forum, please excuse me if this question has been answered. I just bought a Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutter. It has a Nema 50-P plug end on it, which I assume is to be plugged into a Nema 50-R outlet. In looking in my reference book, this is a 3 wire...

View more questions Search