Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Overnight Salad
    Anyone got a receipt for overnight salad they wish to share. I love that stuff but have no idea how to make it. Thanks
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:56 AM
    LAYERED OVERNIGHT SALAD

Cut full head of lettuce into bite-sized pieces
    1 c. chopped celery
    1 c. (or 1 lg.) green pepper
    1/2 c. green onions, chopped
    1 pkg. frozen green peas, do not cook
    1 can sliced water chestnuts or sliced radishes
    Cheddar cheese, grated
    Chopped cooked bacon
    Hard cooked eggs (2 or 3)

Use 9 x 13 inch pan. Place ingredients in layers as listed. Cover with a little more lettuce. Then spread dressing (shown below) over the salad and seal edges so it completely covers the salad. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, sprinkle with chopped cooked bacon and chopped hard-cooked eggs.

DRESSING FOR LAYERED OVERNIGHT SALAD:

2 c. mayonnaise
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. seasoning salt
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to fix some real soon. Sounds really good.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 12:04 PM
    I may sound silly, but what is the difference? I've never heard of an overnight salad.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 12:18 PM
    GlindaofOz: I know nothing about cooking let alone any difference but this stuff is the greatest. If you've never had it you need to try it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
    This is really good as the flavors blend overnight. If you put it in a clear glass bowl it is very appetizing to look at too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salad Fingers [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - Salad Fingers - Episode One This is so gross, watch episode 2 as well, and any others if you think it won't give you nightmares Whoever made these cartoons belongs in an institution lol

97 Neon AC Draining Battery Overnight [ 2 Answers ]

My Neon a/c has recently started draining my battery whether it's been used or not. I traced the battery drain down to the AC when I heard the compressor trying to kick in. The clutch on the compressor actually tries to engage each time I insert the fuse for the ac. If I leave the fuse for the...

My husband changed my life overnight [ 21 Answers ]

Last September my husband and I went to see a social worker about taking his ex to court for custody of his children. He found out that he could take them that day if he wanted to. So we drove home and he went and picked up his kids and we went from a family of two with a brand new baby to a...

Legal age to leave child overnight? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the legal age a mature child can be left alone if his fathers adult cousin lives across the street and his mother lives at the end of the block in Forestville Calif?:rolleyes:

Black ring around tub drain after sitting overnight in bleach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I was cleaning the bathtub w/bleach & forgot to drain it. It sat overnight with the bleach solution. The next morning there was a black ring right at the edge of the drain. It seems like something that seeps out from under the edge of the drain.. I can't get rid of it now, a little comes off...

View more questions Search