Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jul 31, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Shaving dark hair
    Does anyone else have this problem? I have dark dark brown hair and when I shave my legs it looks like I haven't shaved because the hair under my skin is so dark and can be seen. I have tried using nair, and that still doesn't help. I only wax my legs when I go on vaca. Because it takes so long. Does anyone know a better way to get rid of dark colored hair. Has anyone ever used that product called Tweezie? Any help would be great- Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 31, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Do you think maybe you should invest in electrolysis. Would be a good way to rid yourself of the dark roots.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 09:11 AM
    I have the same problem and I think that over the fall and winter months I'm going to get my legs waxed every month in hopes that it will make the hair look less dark and not grow as much.

That's the only thing I've thought of.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 04:43 PM
    I'm not familiar with the device or product Tweezie, but it sounds painful. The best way to remove dark hair from your legs is waxing. The waxing method quickly removes hair at the root and should leave your skin smooth.
    emilykatherine Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happylady123
    Does anyone else have this problem? I have dark dark brown hair and when I shave my legs it looks like I haven't shaved because the hair under my skin is so dark and can be seen. I have tried using nair, and that still doesn't help. I only wax my legs when I go on vaca. because it takes so long. Does anyone know a better way to get rid of dark colored hair. Has anyone ever used that product called Tweezie? Any help would be great- Thanks!
    I have blackk hair. And it still shows after I shave. I hate it. But I usually wear pants anyway.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:44 PM
    I have the same problem! Dark hair, yah shave it, and it looks like it is still there! The thing I have found that works best for this frustrating problem is to get a base tan. If you tan easily you could go to a local tanning both and pop you legs into a tanning bed(or lay out). If you don't tan very easily lotions that contain bronzers/self tanners in them work well too and you won't get the harmful UVA and UVB rays this way.
    emilykatherine Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Well, I get really tan.
    And that doesn't work either.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Waxing is really the only way but being tan does help conceal it a little bit.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 3, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Yea waxing is what I do when I go away for a trip, but otherwise it takes a long time and is painful. Thanks for the help guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic Hair Shaving [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone else (particularly women) has this same problem if when they shave there pubic hair that when it grows back it has all these bumps around it and stuff where the new hair is coming in and what I can do about it?

Shaving makes skin go dark [ 1 Answers ]

I need help... ok………i shaved my bikini and now the result is that hairs grow more more faster and my skins gone all dark and I've been told recently that the more you shave, more your skin gets darker.I advice not to shave specilly for females.. is that anyway I can get rid of that dark skin.....

Dark skin from shaving [ 1 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I have dark spots due to shaving. I do not know what to use because , I'm mixed does that matter? I just want to look my age with clear shin PLEASE HELP

Dark skin from shaving [ 2 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I have dark spots due to shaving. I do not know what to use because , I'm mixed does that matter? I would like to use something store bought and that's in my budget I just want to look my age with clear shin PLEASE HELP

Dark skin area due to shaving [ 1 Answers ]

I got a dark area on my face (neck) due to shaving. Please let me know any solutions to this problem ? Thanks...

View more questions Search