Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_Erv15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Emancipation Of Pregnant 15 year old teen whose boyfriend is 19
    Ok, I am 15 years old but I'm about to turn 16 September 25. My boyfriend is just turned 19 years old. I am 4 weeks pregnant and I'm on probation. Part of my probation states that I'm not to have any contact with my boyfriend. Now I'm pregnant. I need to know if I can get emancipated even though I'm on probation and if I did get emancipated would that drop the no contact order against my boyfriend. And would my probation get dropped all together? Also, could they still press charges against him if I'm emancipated when the baby comes? Please, someone answer all my questions
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:00 AM
    What state are you in?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 31, 2007, 08:03 AM
    I think you have to prove you're able to support yourself financially and emotionally to become emancipated. That is yourself, not yourself living with a boyfriend. Also, since you have obviously gone to court and were legally told to stay away from him, its likely you will fail at any attempt to be demed independent. You might both end up in jail, depending on the terms of your situation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    What state are you in?
    Sounds like a state of total ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Erv15
    Ok, I am 15 years old but im about to turn 16 September 25. My boyfriend is just turned 19 years old. I am 4 weeks pregnant and im on probation. Part of my probation states that I'm not to have any contact with my boyfriend. Now I'm pregnant. I need to know if I can get emancipated even though I'm on probation and if I did get emancipated would that drop the no contact order against my boyfriend. And would my probation get dropped all together? Also, could they still press charges against him if im emancipated when the baby comes? Please, someone answer all my questions
    First, forget the emancipation. You have no grounds for it. Plus you have shown that you are not mature enough by allowing yourself to get pregnant by a 19 year old. What I don't understand is why he isn't in jail now. He appears to have committed statutory rape (at least under most state laws). He should be in jail and you should be well rid of this pervert.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emancipation of 18 year old child [ 4 Answers ]

My youngest child is 18 and has graduated from high school he has not enrolled in college and has no plans to enroll. Can I get him emancipated so that my child Support will end?

I am a young teen and I think I might be pregnant.what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Im only 14 years old and I think I'm pregnant.. I'm on birth control but I have missed two days of my period! Do you think I'm pregnant? PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Emancipation of 16 year old in Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old high school student in need of some answers about the emancipation laws and requirements to be emancipated. I am already practically living on my own. My mom has let my boyfriend move in and has been living with me for almost 7 months now and he and I are paying the bills...

Indiana emancipation of 18-year-old adult [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find some information for my girlfriend. She is currently in high school, but could have graduated early (waited to get honors credit), is 18 years old, and living at home with her parents. Her family does not approve of our 2yr long relationship (I'm her age, don't worry) in general,...

Hi I'm a Pregnant Teen [ 5 Answers ]

And I have a lot of questions. They might sound silly but.. hehe I'm just looking for some help. So please answer my questions! First Question - Does my baby pee inside of me? Second Question - Is there anything that can help my daily nauseousness Third Question - Is constipation normal ...

View more questions Search