Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Damn. Congrats? It's one of those situations where you have no idea what to say... do you say... congrats? Either way, glad you're happy. You think he'll contact you again?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Someone wrote: "...it's one of those situations where you have no idea what to say...." How about a bereavement card with an inscription to the effect, 'have you been checked out by your doctor?'
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:11 AM
    There are new gift cards out there that have a small battery and speaker; you may find one that is just laughing: "Ha, ha, ha, ha", etc.
    MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Jan 24, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Just don't get weak, and let him come sniffing around you again.
    Tal he doesn't have the coconuts to call me after this..
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:14 AM
    I guess I missed the first part of this ordeal so getting in at this point my opinion might be in the least favored...

It's too bad you did not get the relationship you hoped for. He did what he felt he needed to do in order to achieve his full personal goals. It hurt you in the process, but... women do it to guys just as often... to find the right fit for their lives.

Self-actualization is something people strive for... are you saying that is bad? I know it hurts sometimes... trust me been there... but to be happy when someone else is suffering seems to make you a callous as they are?

I don't think happiness about his dilemma will lesson the pain of yours. Perhaps you need more time to lesson the bitterness, and maybe you will feel that if you truly had any love for the person you would accept their leaving you to do what they had to for their own self actualization.

Don't be the bitter ex. It's not flattering.

Jan 24, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    There are new gift cards out there that have a small battery and speaker; you may find one that is just laughing: "Ha, ha, ha, ha", etc.
    Wow George... You don't think that would be to mean? LOL just kidding
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Well, MissingHim2Much, I want you to know you are an "advisor emeritus", a dean of wisdom and insight, right up there with those others; don't you even begin to think you have graduated and can return to your private life, ever.

Jan 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Well, MissingHim2Much, I want you to know you are an "advisor emeritus", a dean of wisdom and insight, right up there with those others; don't you even begin to think you have graduated and can return to your private life, ever.
    Never George... I'm an addict now.
    little firefly Posts: 139, Reputation: 36

Jan 24, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Wow MissingHim, is it wrong that when I read that I got a big smile on my face and felt like jumping out of my chair and yelling YES!! What goes around comes around! :D
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Just a response to the OP's disagreement of my post...

With no warning, my ex- walked out after 10.5 years of marriage and 3.5 of dating before that.. so 14 years in all... Why? To pursue her dreams... wanted other things in life... think I didn't feel betrayed? Still, you can't control someone else, and being bitter only poisons yourself... should I be happy at every thing negative that comes her way? I didn't want bad to happen to her before, and I still don't. Satisfaction isn't going to result from seeing someone suffer. Time to accept what was, and is no more. Often what we think we have is not the reality.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 08:59 AM
    oneguyinohio writes: "Often what we think we have is not the reality." I disagree with this assessment of reality and think it is kind of sad. Maybe that is why you weren't more upset; you couldn't lose something you never had (to borrow from the title of a song).

Jan 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    Just a response to the OP's disagreement of my post...

With no warning, my ex- walked out after 10.5 years of marriage and 3.5 of dating before that..so 14 years in all...Why? To persue her dreams...wanted other things in life... think I didn't feel betrayed? Still, you can't control someone else, and being bitter only poisons yourself... should I be happy at every thing negative that comes her way? I didn't want bad to happen to her before, and I still dont. Satisfaction isn't going to result from seeing someone suffer. Time to accept what was, and is no more. Often what we think we have is not the reality.
    Oneguy, I agree you have some very valid points and I admire you for being happy for your ex. I also feel a little bit of bitterness is human nature... And your right, often what we think we have is not reality. And just as often what we think we have is because someone else convinces us that it is reality.

I'm all for pursuing your dreams.. What I have a problem with is telling someone daily that you are the dream they were pursuing and not really meaning it... As for being bitter.. that will fade in time and I will be a whole person again.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jan 24, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    Often what we think we have is not the reality.
    This reminded me a quote...

“reality, the external world, exists independent of man’s consciousness...this means that A is A, that facts are facts, that things are what they are – and the task of man’s consciousness is to perceive reality not to create or invent it.”
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Time makes a difference, and in thinking back... for the first year or two... I felt lots of anger, but having a child... I could not wish bad for her, nor be happy about bad stuff because that would have been a negative affect on the child... our lives didn't go the way we both wanted... even if we didn't agree about it... we still have to go on.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Oneguy writes: "...I could not wish bad for her, nor be happy about bad stuff because that would have been a negative affect on the child...." That's a horse of a different color; I'll drink to that.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Jan 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
    "Missing him", time to change your name on here! I have followed your progress and am estatic for your vindication. I was hurt too, a long time ago, horrible circumstances. No, it does not go away. You learn to deal with it. After a time, we went on to have a better, stronger, happier marrige. Your ex deserves to suffer, how else would he learn? Empathy is gained from understanding pain. You should not add to his suffering, and enjoying it is of course not nice. But hey, I am proud of you. 'the strongest of all warriors are these two- time and patience' Tolstoy
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 01:08 PM
    That's great stuff :) vegence is ideal. Even more so when they bring it on themselves

Regards
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 07:23 PM
    I love KARMA :-)

Like Tal says though be careful if he comes sniffing around , I know you say you don't think he has the coconuts to but you never know. It's easy for us to see it as that little window of opportunity that we've been waiting for. But remember what he did to you and how he has made you feel for the last 6 months.

I think you are far enough in your healing process now to make the right decision and a lot of that has to do with NC and not being as emotionally blinded as you were. Without NC you wouldn't have come this far this quickly even though it seemed like a long journey.

Well done , I'm proud of you!

Jan 25, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    I love KARMA :-)

Like Tal says though be careful if he comes sniffing around , I know you say you don't think he has the coconuts to but you never know. It's easy for us to see it as that little window of opportunity that we've been waiting for. But remember what he did to you and how he has made you feel for the last 6 months.

I think you are far enough in your healing process now to make the right decision and a lot of that has to do with NC and not being as emotionally blinded as you were. Without NC you wouldn't have come this far this quickly even though it seemed like a long journey.

Well done , I'm proud of you!
    Thanks Hon, NC really is a blessing. If only we could see that in the beginning.

Feb 22, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I've got news
    Well I just thought I would share the happy news with all of my good friends here at AMHD. My ex and his girlfriend got back together and she has since giving birth to the twins.

They were born on Valentines day no less... How special is that?

They broke up a few weeks ago for a short time because she had told him the babies weren't his. Well I guess she retracted that statement and told him she wasn't SURE if they were his so I guess that was all he needed to hear.

Well anyway I find it funny that he only left 7 months ago and has only known her for a few weeks before that and she's already had the babies. According to my estimate they would've been due no earlier then the end of April or beginning of May but miracle of all miracles they were born 2 months early and were both over 4 pounds each which is surprisingly big if they were born that much to early.

Anyway that makes 6 kids she has all under the age of 7 all with different fathers. WOW it's like the Ghetto version of the Brady Bunch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

A long rocky path walked, but can we make it now? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new here, so id just like to introduce myself to the community as 'nadakan' *waves* Here is an issue that I would like to see if you guys can help me with. Ill start from the top but try not to make it too long winded! Steve, my current boyfriend, introduced himself at...

I am being walked on [ 7 Answers ]

But how can I stop it. My boyfriend cheats... long long story which would take hours of explaining, but when you get down to the bottom line, I have given him 20.. yes you heard it right there have been 20 I forgive yous, and 20 I will never do it against, where do I go from there... 20 is a little...

View more questions Search