Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Error expert
    Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone knows how to get rid of some software I downloaded as a demo and now cannot get rid of?

It is called "error expert" and every time I fire up my system I have to deal with their pop-ups asking me if I want to purchase it... :rolleyes:

I have e-mailed the company (they have no phone number or address the cowards... ) who suggest I remove it in my add/remove programs... the problem is, it does not appear there.

I have been in the registry, my documents, everywhere I could think of and I am still stuck with it! :mad:

There is also a program that is keeping my anti-spyware from loading called PC-cillan.

I can't find that either.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I feel good about if nothing else warning people about these...

thx
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 30, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thx
    Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone knows how to get rid of some software I downloaded as a demo and now cannot get rid of?

It is called "error expert" and everytime I fire up my system I have to deal with their pop-ups asking me if I want to purchase it...:rolleyes:

I have e-mailed the company (they have no phone number or address the cowards...) who suggest I remove it in my add/remove programs... the problem is, it does not appear there.

I have been in the registry, my documents, everywhere I could think of and I am still stuck with it! :mad:

There is also a program that is keeping my anti-spyware from loading called PC-cillan.

I can't find that either.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and I feel good about if nothing else warning people about these...

thx
    Sometimes some programs installed will not show up in ADD/REMOVE Programs Tab in Control Panel. This particular program will be normally installed in your C:\Program Files (if you did not opt for other directories) which you can search and find. It will be having an uninstall feature. If it is not availbale then you have to delete it completely from your system. Further more it might have created a Registry entry which is to be deleted as well but I will not suggest you to edit your registry if you are not an expert. It will be better to use a Registry Mechanic to remove unwanted registry add ups. You can download Trial versions from Internet. Install it scan your system which will come up with a list of infection and details. Verify them if they are to be fixed or removed. Use RegCure which is a good Registry Editor. Back Up the files before you delete them. If yo find that some of your programs are not working then you can restore them back. The second program which you mentioned is PC-Cillan. Are you sure that it is PC-CILLAN? Which AV software are you using? There is one AV Software Trend Micro from PC-CILLIN. Check the spelling. If it is PC-Cillin then you will be having Trend Micro also installed and two AV Softwares in one PC will create a clash. Make sure that you have only one AV Software. Trend Micro from PC-CILLIN is a good AV Software.
    thx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 01:03 AM
    Thank you shaved,

What happens with the PC-cillan is that when I try and install Panda platinum it tells me to remove PC-cillan.

I found a couple TM entries in the register and removed them, but aparently there is something still there.

I will try your suggestions, thanks again! :)

thx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE printing error: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg error [ 15 Answers ]

I have seen about a dozen posts on different Web sites regarding this error. The most common fixes are related to an individual work station. We are experiencing this problem with our Web site and everyone accessing it is unable to print pages that are within frames. I tried the fixes on my...

Oracle Error 12560:tns Protocol Adapter Error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Whenever I try to log in using SCOTT/TIGER userid, I get the error "ORA ERROR 12560:TNS PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR". I tried starting the listener from administration-> services, but still the problem persists. Can you please suggest a solution?

Printing Error-Script Error [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print a window pops up: Internet Explorer Script Error Line:1174 I have tried several things: Quick Restore, checked Script debugging box.

View more questions Search