Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WillCorn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 07:51 PM
    MS Outlook Express 6 add. Book
    OK. I went to the Address Book, Tools, Options, and it gives you a window titled Data Sharing. 2 options. 1) Share contact info... MS Outlook Store. 2) Do not share info... Address Book (*.wab) file. I have always operated on option 2 and then decided to try option 1 and see if that helped me utilize the address book from other programs. So after choosing option 1 and closing out of OE to enact changes, I open up the address book and I have nothing.

Where is this MS Contact Store? Where do I find my address book contacts? How do I change it back to the way it was? I tried switching the choices and closing out of program and nothing appears when I open it back up. As though it erased my info. Help!
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 30, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WillCorn
    OK. I went to the Address Book, Tools, Options, and it gives you a window titled Data Sharing. 2 options. 1) Share contact info.........MS Outlook Store. 2) Do not share info.....Address Book (*.wab) file. I have always operated on option 2 and then decided to try option 1 and see if that helped me utilize the address book from other programs. So after choosing option 1 and closing out of OE to enact changes, I open up the address book and I have nothing.

Where is this MS Contact Store? Where do I find my address book contacts? How do I change it back to the way it was? I tried switching the choices and closing out of program and nothing appears when I open it back up. As though it erased my info. Help!
    Which version of OE are you using?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 01:40 AM
    I would suggest that you read the instructions from Microsoft

Jul 31, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAVED
    Which version of OE are you using?
    It is MS OE 6. Thanks for any help. But, I think I finally figured it out right after posting my question. I had to shut off the comp. to close out of any other programs that might be using the address book in order for it to switch back. Whereas, with the previous switch of to share all info with other programs I only had to close out of OE. Everything seems to be there and working fine.

Jul 31, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    I would suggest that you read the instructions from Microsoft

Dohhh!! :eek: Why didn't I think of that? Well, I did scan over several areas at MS.com and didn't find the answer I needed. And I really didn't want to, or have the time to, spend the next year reading a manual, so that is why I posted my question here.:rolleyes:
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 01:38 AM
    If you don't want to read the manuals, who should do it for you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express: Big Address Book but nothing in Contacts [ 11 Answers ]

Got a new laptop and imported my address book (wab) into OE... the same way I've done it dozens of times over the years... But on this 'puter the Contacts pane is empty. When I go to the address book (from within OE) all my contacts are there, and when I go to send an email and start typing...

Outlook Express address book corrupted, How to rebuild? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My OE Address Book is corrupted, I have made an "export" to have a backup. How can I recreate this Address book before "importing" my backup? Thanks is advance

Outlook Express to Outlook conversion gave messages wrong "Date Received." [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All! I used Outlook's Import capbility to import everything from Outlook Express: mail settings, folders, their messages, etc. The import process reported successful import of my huge sets of folders, subfolders and their 11,000+ messages... however: The Good: Some messages were...

Outlook express address book [ 1 Answers ]

Outlook express address book How do I rebuild a lost address book on outlook express

Outlook Express 6 Addy Book Problems [ 10 Answers ]

Somehow my address book has been locked by another program and I can't figure out what program that is. It is wreaking havoc on my OE because it won't let me respond to newsgroups, send email, or even open the address book. When I try to open the address book in OE an error message pops up...

View more questions Search