Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XMouse Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Is that legal ?
    Im 16 and the boy I'm intrested in is 19.
    Im just wondering in the state of Idaho are we fine leagly ?
    With or without sex ?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
    The age of consent in Idaho is 18. So as far as sex goes, you are not legally supposed to have sex. As far as dating, I don't think there are laws on non sexual dating. :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Age of consent in Idaho is 18.

Though I highly doubt that this 19 year old is not interested in having any sexual conduct with you. You realize its not just sex its ANY contact (kissing, fondling, etc).

Find someone your own age to spare this guy being branded a pedophile for the rest of his life.

Jul 30, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Hmmm. I found 3 different answers. How annoying.

Jul 30, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Age of consent in Idaho is 18.

Though I highly doubt that this 19 year old is not interested in having any sexual conduct with you. You realize its not just sex its ANY contact (kissing, fondling, etc).

Find someone your own age to spare this guy being branded a pedophile for the rest of his life.
    It's a 3 year diffrence.
    Which I don't think to be to bad.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:57 PM
    THE LAW SAYS HE CANNOT TOUCH YOU SEXUALLY

What do you not understand? I did not make this up, this is LAW.

If someone reports him for being with a minor, he goes to jail for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor (YOU) and then goes to jail where he will beat the hell up every day because he is, what they call in prison, a child raper. THEN for the REST OF HIS LIFE he will have to report himself to ALL of his neighbors as a sexual predator.

Do you understand the weight of this?

Jul 30, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Does parental consent make any diffrence ?

And could you try and not make it sound like I'm ropeing this guy into anything ? He knows my age.

AND then he and I will disscuss it and just probley not have a sexual relationship.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 07:03 PM
    No parental consent does not mean anything. The law is the law.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XMouse
    Does parental consent make any diffrence ?

And could you try and not make it sound like im ropeing this guy into anything ? He knows my age.

AND then he and I will disscuss it and just probley not have a sexual realtionship.

I'm not making it sounds as if you are roping him into anything but the truth is that in the eyes of the law you are a child and need to be protected from someone attempting to influence you. While it may not seem that way that is the situation.

Parental consent makes no difference, what they are fine with one day may change and your parents could be the ones calling the cops.

The truth is, that a 19 year old chasing a 16 year old has less then honorable designs. Just be smart and be careful. You don't want to be responsible for this guy being labeled a pedophile for the rest of his life. If you date him tell him its just dating and stick to it. Don't let your hormones get the best of you and don't let him pressure you into anything.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Call your local police department and get their advice or call children's services or the courts. I am sure that they know the law in your area.

Jul 30, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    You don't want to be responsible for this guy being labeled a pedophile for the rest of his life.
    He know the law and he does have the power to say yes and no

However- I agree with most of your post. Despite what will be assumed right off the bat. Hes a good guy, who I have known for awhile. And have already been told by him if I'm not happy or comfortable with anything then its my choice.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:12 PM
    It is your choice to say yes or no but I'm saying but having sexual contact with you he can go to jail so you cannot let him be selfish in his desires or allow yourself to be selfish in your desires.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 07:22 PM
    What do your parents say about this, especially your father. They do have the final say, and like it or not, sex is not the only way he can cause you trouble. Say your going to the mall, with girlfriends, but instead meet up to hang out with him. A call to the cops lands him in jail. Almost any complaint by a competent adult lands him in jail, and when you graduate high school he is still in jail. NOW WHAT!! If he is dumb enough to take a penitentiary chance for some conversation oh well. Seems like you would not let him take that chance if you cared.

Jul 30, 2007, 07:31 PM
    My parents have known him since he was 10. They love him and approve. Hes a wonderful guy. And I would straight out say who I'm going to meet not try and lie to people. There would be no reason.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Xmouse if you are not going to listen to anyone on this site. Then you must learn from experience. You are taking a chance whether your parents approve or not. Society does not approve, we have laws against it. That is why we have sexual predators list and the jails are full of them. Some for minor infractions and some for major infractions. Young mens lives have been ruined by dating a girl that is too young. If anyone in your community or school informs officials there could be an investigation. If it is proven that he has stuck anything into any orifice of your body this is considered RAPE, that equals jail time. So be very careful with what you do with this young man.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 07:56 PM
    The law is the law. Parents cannot change it. It is against the law for the 2 of you to have sex at this point in your life.

If you have sex he is committing what is called statutory rape and can be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

No one can change what the law says except for the lawmakers.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 04:26 AM
    You have said that you have known him for a long time, so why not wait to date him until you re 18? If you have known this person for a long time I would imagine that you care about this and would not want anything bad to happen to him.

The truth is that if you are too headstrong and have the attitude of "nobody is going to tell me what I can't do" then I'm sorry to say that I don't believe you are mature enough to go to into this relationship with a level head and I'm sorry to say that you will probably end up having sex with this guy, because again nobody can tell YOU what to do.

You need to take a step back and read honestly what everyone on here has written and think about if this guy is so great and likes you so much then why doesn't he wait until you are a legal age to date you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal ? [ 5 Answers ]

Is is legal for a temporary guardian to take baby out of state with out asking birth mother?

Was it legal? [ 2 Answers ]

We lived in an apartment and we told them that we were moving out because our work transferred us over 50 miles away. They told us that we didn't have to pay any fews or anything and we would get our deposit back. Then about 2 months later when we finally get the confirmation that we need to move I...

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Are we legal [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I live in england my girlfriend is 16 but I'm only 15 I have been wondering if it legal for us to have sex?;)

Is this legal ? [ 10 Answers ]

I currently accepted a job where I was under the impression I was to travel out of my surrounding area.During this last holiday break I received a phone call from the human resources that my itenerary would be in the mail.When I returned from my out of town holiday visit.I indeed received an...

View more questions Search