Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cicimommy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 06:22 PM
    When can I spay my dog?
    I don't know if you have seen my other post, but I have just rescued puppies, and looking at my dog who just had 1 puppy, I want to spay her as soon as I get a chance to but I don't know when I am able to because she just gave birth on 7/3/07
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Cici, I am glad that you have decided to spay your dog. I would suggest speaking to your vet about when the best time would be. You want to make sure her puppy is fully weaned. And, considering you rescued those pups, you have the perfect built in wet nurse if your dog allows them to nurse off her! That would be the best way to ensure they will survive. If she does allow it, you would want to wait until they are weaned completely as well.

You are a good person for rescuing those poor pups. I think you are their best chance at survival.
    hettie Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Jul 31, 2007, 02:01 PM
    When I got my 2 es done they were 6 months anytime between that before their first season if they do go into season they recommend waiting three months I think it is the same after a litter but the best bet would be to see the vet as this is uk advice and I am not sure how you guys work, well done on rescuing the pups they have obviously fuond a loving caring home with you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Would like to spay my puppy as soon as I can! [ 5 Answers ]

I would really like to get my puppy spayed as soon as possible because the majority of our neighbors have large male dogs. How old does she have to be to get her spayed? We have a well known Animal Birth Control Clinic where I live that spays and neuters animals for a decent price. They charge...

Papillon/Poodle has Potty Issues after Spay [ 1 Answers ]

My 8-month-old papillon-poodle mix was potty-trained (and had never had an accident in her crate) up until about two weeks ago when she was spayed. The first week afterwards, she had diarrhea at least twice a day in her crate. A few people suggested giving her 1/2 a pepto chewable, which helped,...

Infection from Spay? [ 1 Answers ]

Just got a new 8 week old puppy from a rescue service- she was spayed a week and a half ago- she came with kennel cough, so has been on antibiotics but still coughing a decent amount. I am just getting little worried about her stitches on her belly- they seem to be protruding through much...

Spay a female dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anybody know a low or free spay/ neuter clinic? / in San Francisco CA. I have found one. The SF/SPCA, but it is overbooked. Thank you,

View more questions Search