Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XMouse Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Bad Idea ?
    Im currently spending some time with a guy I meet through friends.
    He is 19 and I am 16- is this too much of a gap ?
    He is out working and living his life and I am still in high school.
    The other half of it was that he was married at 18 to a girl and 4 5 months after they got pregnant. They are now divorced.
    So he also has a son.
    Are there just to many things up against this working with him ?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 03:25 PM
    To me, that is not a big gap at all. 3 years doesn't seem like a big deal to me. However, depending on what state you live in, sex could be illegal if you got caught.

Do you know the reason him and his wife got divorced? If it was because of something he did/said, this could be a factor on whether you want to date him. Just because someone is divorced does not mean they are undatable. You might want to look into why he got divorced though.

To me, the fact that he has a son is no big deal either. I have dated men that have kids, and they were usually wonderful kids. They may have bad feelings about you at first, thinking you are trying to replace their mommy, but they usually come around. Having kids also does not make someone undatable. :)

Jul 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
    No- I love his son, sweetest kid ever.
    He says it was never quiet right with his girlfriend/Wife and having the baby[stress] just made thing worse.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 03:40 PM
    If it was a mutual break up between him and his wife, that is not his fault and shouldn't be held against him dating wise. It sounds to me like it would be an okay relationship :)

Jul 30, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Thank you for helping me out!
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 03:46 PM
    You're welcome! :)

Jul 30, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Any other opinions ?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I would say follow your heart but since you are still in high school you may have a conflict of interest. You want to hang out with friends/study or go to a dance. He may not be into that (to tired from work and having a kid). It seems since he got another girl pregnant and they got married that he is an honorable man (and they divorce on friendly terms). I would take it one day at a time and see where it goes.

Jul 30, 2007, 04:19 PM
    The baby was a surprise but they where married before.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Your age gap is barely a gap.. it's a crack. I say go for it:)
    klovesj110603 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Yea follow your heart and see were it takes u. but I would be careful because you are under 18 it might be illigal. But most of the time if your parents aprove it is OK. He seems like a good guy. Like they said you are still in school and it maybe hard at times to see eye to eye because you are just now getting ready for the real world. But keep your heart open and do what it tells you anything is possible and you have the world at your feet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dye on highlighted hair? Good or bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

hiyaaa!!! i normally get my hair done at the hairdressers, blond highlights using foils. my roots are so bad at the moment and I can't afford to have them done so today after work (finish at 3) im going to tesco's to buy a hair dye... is this a bad idea dying highlighted hair??? would it be...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Kind of a bad idea? [ 6 Answers ]

Aiight I had a post on here a while ago about this one girl and I thought she liked me so I told her I liked her more than a friend and I guess I was wrong in my prediction(she didn't like me as more than friend) haha.. I kind of still liked her but she was being an about it saying that I...

View more questions Search