Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bebo00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Confused.
    Well I'm 16 and... I think I'm gay but I find it hard to come to terms with it, I'm scared that if I come out my family will disown me because my family are STRICT christians(a cousin of mine came out and they performed an exorcism type thing and sended him to a camp that make you straight so I'm terrifed at that fact of coming out:( so I'm in need of advice:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Although they will find out sooner or later, if you are gay, right now I feel that you would be OK keeping it to yourself. Especially since you think you are, and don't know you are as of yet.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Well you are only 16, so I would recommend coming to grips with it yourself. As soon as you get older (18) and you go away to college you meet so many people who are like minded and are going through the same things that you are. You will in a sense, find a family who understands you and loves you. If you feel that you cannot come out to your family then that is your choice. I have a friend who has never come out to his family (he's 28). He is out to everyone in his life but them he feels okay about it because he has made his friends his family.

You will be okay. There is nothing wrong with how you feel, God made you right? Last time I checked God doesn't make mistakes. Love yourself and worry about your family later.
    joe24 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Keep the secret to yourself until you move out of your parents house. Then you can tell them. They can't put you to the camp and they should care about you because you are there son.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Aug 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
    I agree with everyone here that you need to give yourself some more time before you spill the beans to mom and dad and the rest of the family. What I will suggest in addition to that is finding some type of support group. Your going to have days were you feel like you can't keep it a secret anymore or you are very frustrated. These are the times when you should have a group you can talk to and they can help you through it. Good luck to you.
    njett566 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
    You are who you are and no one can change that as long as you love who you are other people will come around don't change 4 any one but yourself
    Linda Thomas Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bebo00
    Well im 16 and...i think im gay but i find it hard to come to terms with it, im scared that if i come out my family will disown me because my family are STRICT christians(a cousin of mine came out and they performed an exorcism type thing and sended him to a camp that make you straight so im terrifed at that fact of coming out:( so im in need of advice:confused:
    You only can live your life to please you, when you try to live your life to please other you will be unhappy, so I am telling you no matter what others think about you be who you are and remember that this is your life and no one can live it for you. Take care and remember this is your life and you should live it as you see fit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I need serious help. My husband and I have been married for over 6 years and have 2 small children. I only work part-time on the weekends so I can be home with them during the week. This seems to work out pretty well for all of us. Recently we were trying for a third child (my wish) and ended...

Really confused [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for almost 8 years and married for about 3 of those years got with him when I was 16 and he was 21 I do love him but I am tired of him he has been verbally abusive and sometimes physically abusive to me but mostly verbally abusive and it hurts me so much but I always...

I'm confused [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is adriana and I'm 17 years old. My last menstrual cycle was on march 25 and its now April 29 and I have no period. I am sexually active and I didn't use any form of birth control. I tested 3 times and they all came back negative. I think it was because I tested to early. I had a...

So confused [ 3 Answers ]

Hey people if any one can help me on this it would be great, well I'm 3 and ahalf mnths late and I have taking 2 pregnancy test and both were Neg , my tummy has gotten a little bigger and in hurts all the time, but I have been late before but never like this and with tummy pain all the time... so...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I'm confused some people say that when you die your soul goes to heven, what my confution is coming from is when Christ comes to earth for judgement and resurrection, if he already has your soul what exactly is he coming back for?:confused:

View more questions Search