Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surinachjc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Dwwin.exe error
    Whenever I shut down windows XP home edition application, I keep getting this error.
    " DLL initialization failed", application failed to initialize because windows is shuting down.

How do I fix this error. Thank you.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 31, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by surinachjc
    Whenever I shut down windows XP home edition application, I keep getting this error.
    " DLL initialization failed", application failed to initialize because windows is shuting down.

how do I fix this error.? Thank you.
    Here is the answer which I gave to someone in February last year. I think it will be of help to you.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/window...html#post90283
    Sharkbyten55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by surinachjc

how do I fix this error.? Thank you.
    The DWWIN is a corrupt Dr Watson file and
    Dr watson is the self check inside windows since 3.11
    It is telling you there is a problem with some harwater drivers

To fix either repair the windows DLL files with an original disk
    Or if you know which device is causing the problem reinstall the drivers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dwwin.exe [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I shut down my computer, it tells me that "dwwin.exe" could not started. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how can I fix that? Thank you and have a great day. Gastoniko

DWWIN.exe error [ 1 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe-DLL initialization failed because the window is shutting down - I get this message almost every time I shut down. Any suggestions out there? Thanks and regards

Dwwin.exe error after Amazon log-in [ 2 Answers ]

This is a weird one also concerning dwwin.exe. This ONLY happens when I have logged into Amazon.ca. To be clear, if I go to Amazon to look around, it's fine, and it's fine with any other website - but if I LOG In to my Amazon account, then when I log off my computer (I'm using Windows XP) here's...

Netscape / dwwin.exe [ 1 Answers ]

When I launch Netscape get message "Error - The program must close to allow a previious installation attempt to complete. Please Restart" On logout get message "dwwin.exe DLL initilization failed The initilization failed becauqe the windows station is shutting down." Windows XP, HP...

Dwwin.exe error on shut down [ 2 Answers ]

I keep receiving an error when I try to log off... the error says it's in dwwin.exe can anyone tell me what's going on?

View more questions Search