Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssosborn70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Being sued
    My husband had started a small business putting in irrigation wells and was contacted by a lady that wanted a 4 inch well. She insisted on a submersible pump that was two horse power. My husband was very honest with her and told her he had never put in this type of well but she still wanted him to do the work. There were complications with the well. Oour drilling equipment was not heavy duty enough to go down the depth she needed fro the size pump she wanted. After he told her that he could not complete the job she said she was going to sue him. She did pay 2200 dollars for the well and pump. My husband told her that he could get her a smaller pump but she insisted on that pump. We did not have a contract with her and she has received back 900 dollars for the price of the pump since she repeatedl called threatening to have him arrested for the pump she said she wanted him to take and return or sell to get her money back. She has called and said now she will sue for loss of property because she did not have water for her sprinkler system. She has city water. We live in Alabama how can I find out the law that may apply to this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Of course he should have insurance to cover this sort of thing??

But if he did not know how to do the job, if he needed to rent the proper well digging equipment, if he needed to tell her he could not do it this way, all of this was things he should have done, now he needs to give her all herr money back if he can not do the job.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Did you discuss what the payment terms would be if there was a problem and you could not complete the job? If this was due to unusual circumstances (you say your equipment could not drill this deep, was the soil too rocky?) or did you just overestimate what you could do?

Without a contract you might want to have a consulation with a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am getting sued [ 9 Answers ]

I was driving a car that was not under my name but my dad name and my name was not on the insurance and I got in a car accident :mad: by another car but my dad insurance is not paying for the other car that I got in a accident with and my dad is getting sued by the girl I got in a car accident with...

Can I be sued [ 8 Answers ]

Can I be sued if the other drive I hit doesn't have insurance on their car and the car is 10 or more years older!!

Being sued [ 3 Answers ]

Being sued need to know my rights. What happens in court, what to say in court, how much can they take,I`m single parent .

Being sued by cc in nj [ 1 Answers ]

I have just been told by sears that they are going to file a suit to get back 3200 dollars I owe them. I put sears into a debt consolidation program back in June. Im using CDS as my consolidator. I did not know until today that sears did not accept the offer CDS propossed. Now sears wants the full...

Can I get sued... again? [ 7 Answers ]

I rented from a man while in my junior year of college in PA who turned out to be a slum through ReMax. The house was a typical college house that was filthy, and damaged, and placed anywhere outside of a college setting would have been condemned. After some damages (which we repaired) We...

View more questions Search