Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karen Bozeman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Crime invasion
    I am interested in purchasing a house in a city that has suffered from an economic crisis and loss of jobs due to the transfer of manufacturing industries overseas. As a result of this crisis, housing prices in this area have fallen drastically and it is for this reason that I am interested in purchasing a home in this area.

However, I have a relative who is advising against this plan, who says that when people move out, crime moves in. Do you know whether this is an established phenomenon?

Will appreciate advise on this matter.

KB
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I haven't heard that this is a direct cause of increased crime. But you have to think, if your buying a house on a deserted street kids or criminals could hang out in the other empty houses for fun (or yes criminal activities).

I would just look around the neighborhood. If most houses are still occupied I wouldn't worry about it too much. How many people have left this city? Or what percentage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invasion of privacy? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know if installing a web cam in a bar with no notification to the public that it is there constitutes an invasion of privacy? If so, what needs to be done to allow the bar to install said web cam? Thanks,

SpyLocked Malware Invasion of my O.S. [ 1 Answers ]

When using my space.com I got infected with a bogus spyware program that is counterfeit And I can't get rid of it. I used SpyHunter and it got rid of other malware but I can't shake SpyLocked out of my operating system. When I try to delete it I get a message that I can't because Windows is...

Alien teacher invasion [ 1 Answers ]

This movie I am looking for is in the 80's. There is a little boy involved and he sees his teacher eating a disected frog in his classroom. He also goes in a cave and sees his teacher with other people. I think the boys name is david and he is 10 years old. Thanks

Home invasion [ 1 Answers ]

A few nights ago my fiancée and I were laying in bed and all of a sudden he jumps up and asks me if I am shaking cause usually I have a habit of shaking or rocking myself to sleep but I was already asleep so I responded "no, I'm not what's wrong with you", he said "I know that I felt this bed...

Is it a crime? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm really curious, recently, my parents threw me out. (actually about 5 times in the last year). Right now I'm only 17. 4 of the times they threw me out, they didn't provide a place for me to live. Their lawyer told them they didn't have to let me stay there once I was 16. Is this true?

View more questions Search