Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxima16 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 09:32 AM
    How long should I wait before calling after an awkward first date?
    Me and my friend met these two really nice girls at the pool that ended up giving us their numbers without us asking. We went on a double date with them to the movies a week later. It went well except for the fact that there were these awkward silence moments. This has never happened to me where I just didn't know what to talk about. My date was the one starting most of the conversations and I felt kind of weird not being able to think of anything. I feel as if I seemed to her as the quiet, boring type, but I'm really a lot more fun and talkative. That same day before the date I woke up really early to help my friend move.So afterwards, I was pretty tired. When should I call her, and if I should call her, should I appaulogize for being kind of boring. I don't know if she still likes me. We talked a lot on the phone before the date and things were fine. What should I do? I haven't felt this way about a girl in a long time and I really like her. Would it be weird for me to call and appaulogize?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 09:44 AM
    I wouldn't apologize for being boring I would just call her and ask her out on another date and let her see the real you. If she says no, oh well its her loss and the next time you will kow to be yourself on a date and not be so nervous. Good luck, don't stress :)
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Jul 30, 2007, 10:27 AM
    I think the girl would understand. It was your first date with her. Call her and ask her out again. No need to apologize.
    And try going by yourself; that way both of you have time to be yourselves.
    Good Luck :)
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 30, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Call her today. Ask her out for a date, just the two of you, so you can get to know each other one on one. :)
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I would say about a week-ish depending on how close you guys got. Call now maybe... and don't worry about what went wrong on the first date, just look forward to the second one.:)
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jul 30, 2007, 11:58 AM
    I would agree with GLINDAOFOZ 100% and I would disagree with CANADA SWEETY.< I would not wait a week-ish girls are very worrysome towards things like this if you don't call her soon then she will think you are ignoring her or maybe you weren't interested and she may start second guessing weather there COULD be anything there. Call her ASAP. Another thing is you don't know if you seemed like the quiet shy type and if you did maybe she likes that type of guy.. Just don't stick your foot in your mouth by saying sorry when you are only assuming that she feels that way
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Well, I said a week-ish because if I went on an awkward date and I wanted a guy to call, I would need a few days to see if I would wanna go through taht again or if we actually clicked. But that's just me.... becuse I over analyze everything:p
    DatingDiva Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima16
    Me and my friend met these two really nice girls at the pool that ended up giving us their numbers without us asking. We went on a double date with them to the movies a week later. It went well except for the fact that there were these awkward silence moments. This has never happened to me where i just didnt know what to talk about. My date was the one starting most of the conversations and I felt kind of weird not being able to think of anything. I feel as if I seemed to her as the quiet, boring type, but I'm really alot more fun and talkative. That same day before the date I woke up really early to help my friend move.So afterwards, i was pretty tired. When should I call her, and if I should call her, should I appaulogize for being kinda boring. I dont know if she still likes me. We talked alot on the phone before the date and things were fine. What should I do? I havent felt this way about a girl in a long time and I really like her. Would it be wierd for me to call and appaulogize?
    It might have seemed like awkward silence to you, but she probably didn't even notice. Don't read too much into it. If you like her, call her again and go out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long do I wait? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating a girl for about 4 months. We knew each other from work. She had told me that she had a crush on me from the first day she met me. We are both 27. About 3 1/2 weeks ago she told me that she still cares a lot about me but she just can't do this right now. I excepted her...

Is it too long to wait? [ 2 Answers ]

I met Nicholas on the internet, and we dated for two years. We only met, but I swear to god, those days we spent together were perfect beyond words. We are so compatible with each other, and we both love each other deeply. We were best friends, and we talked all the time. We were very happy, but...

How long should I wait [ 2 Answers ]

I had my tubes done over 10 years and never had any problems.my doctor had cautioned me on ECTOPIC PREGENTCIES. How evrer this is the first time I had to even consider this as I am as regular as clock worg, at the time my period is due I can all most guess right down to the second the begin. This...

How long did you wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all! My divorce was only final a year ago, but I was separated for 3 years before that... just out of curiosity.. if any of you have remarried, how long did you wait? Im considering getting married again, and I do uderstand that the time in between is different for everyone, Im just curious. Ive...

How long should we wait? [ 2 Answers ]

OK here goes... me and my boyfriend have one child already but he is from my previous rship so he's mine but not his... he has been wanting one very badly.. we are planning to get married soon(within the next few months).. been together for a year and a half.. my son is turning a year old in...

View more questions Search