Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vincent lo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Definition of technical term
    What is a server and what ia a driver? Are they the same?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 05:54 AM
    The server connects your computer to internet and networks. Drivers controls the interface between a computer and a peripheral device.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nope two totally different things. A server is either hardware or software that 'serves" information to another device. A driver is a small piece of software that allows a piece of hardware to communicate with the operating system.

For example: you might have a computer on a network function as a file server so that other computers can share the files. A printer would have a driver that tells the OS haw to print to it.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

A server is a computer or program that allows multiple users to use the same piece of data, rather than each user having their own copy. This website runs on a server, allowing all of us to share the information on it.

A driver is a piece of software that tells your computer how to interact with certain of its parts.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Servers serve and drivers drive! A miracle of the English language.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 31, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Not at all.
    Right basically a server is a big assed computer that deals with requests for information.
    A driver is a small program that allows a computer to talk to attached devices.
    lcole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent lo
    what is a server and what ia a driver? are they the same?
    No, a driver is software required by a computer to communicate with a piece of hardware. And a server is a computer that shares its resources, (like printers and files) with other computers on a network.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Technical term for the thickness of a saw blade [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know what the technical term is for the thickness of a saw blade, does anybody know? I would very much appreciate it.

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search