Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Aug 1, 2005, 03:06 PM
    Mononucleosis
    I got mononucleosis like a month ago... high temperature and throat ache is over. Basically, doctors tell me I'm fine now. I know I shouldn't get back to my sports for a while, so I'll just rest for a month or two more before I start training again.

My questions are these:

For how long am I still going to be able to infect someone by kissing them? I want to know when will I be able to kiss my girl (mouth to mouth) again without the fear of infecting her.

Can someone get infected if I lick them on the skin? For example, on the arm, on the neck, tummy, nipple?

Can someone get infected if they come in contact with my sweat? I'm training Ju Jitsu, and we wrestle and sweat a lot, so I want to know if there's any fear of infecting someone if they come in contact with my sweat. Also, for the same reason: can someone get infected if they come in contact with my blood?

Can my girl get infected if we have oral sex? Point is in me licking her :p :)

Thanks to any help you might give.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2005, 05:58 AM
    Length of time
    Hi,
    These are all questions for a professional; please see a doctor so you can get some professional advice about the length of time.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Aug 23, 2005, 03:03 PM
    Let me post answers to this, just if someone ever needs it.

My doctor told me this:

1) I'll be able to infect someone for the rest of my life. Virus will always be in me, but I will not suffer the illness ever again. I can infect others for life though.

2) Licking someone on the skin can not get them infected.

3) I cannot infect anyone if they come in contact with my sweat or blood. Only saliva and phlegm.

4) Yes she can. My saliva contains viruses, and they can enter her system by oral sex (me licking her). However, virus cannot enter her system through skin (arms, legs, tummy, neck, back... ).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search