Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOMO1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Computer browser
    Is Firefox better than internet explorer?
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Jul 29, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Depends on what IE you are using... I know I have the newest one and it has much better features.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
    I personally prefer Firefox and think it is better, although I have not tried the latest IE version.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Frankly, I've just recently switched from IE to FF.

I'm not sure it matters which version of IE, so much as what version of Windows (Win-doze).

I've found FF is faster to update. I get less junk/clutter (it's still there, just less) I can't remember the last time I "locked up" while downloading a page... The pages load faster, in my opinion.

But I think it's opinion. If it works for you, then it's working.

Be advised: I still have IE available, on a desktop icon, it just isn't my default browser.

Now, having said that, there are some operating features I'm not happy with FF: bookmarking isn't as easy in Full Screen (F11 out of FullScreen and it's no problem) And there are different prompts to get tasks done. I'm old (school) and adjusted OK... just letting you know what I've experienced and what I've encountered to date.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Security wise Firefox is better. It also beats IE in other aspects as well!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Firefox wins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web Browser [ 1 Answers ]

I do so hope that someone can help me with a problem that I am having.I only use Real Player for audio but each time I try to listen,the player comes up and then stops connecting and I get a general ERROR has occurred.I click on the more info tab and it says"Unable to launch web browser.Please...

Ie 6 browser [ 3 Answers ]

How can I reinstall i.e. 6 after being unsuccessful in installing i.e. 7?

My browser is being hijacked... [ 6 Answers ]

Every time I open a browser window it changes to "Searchfrombrowser". I google'd it and I think it's part of NewDotNet but I can't find ANYTHING that will get rid of it. Any suggestions? Many thanks! GWI :-/

Hijacked Browser [ 2 Answers ]

I got to this forum because I did a search for "DSO," which is what spybot said I have. I think I effectively removed it following all previous instructions. Thanks. But, my problem still remains... When ever I open IE browser it is hijacked to http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010 and I can't use the...

View more questions Search