Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john schul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Concrete patio erosion
    What can I use to shore up ground eroding under a concrete patio? Eventually grass will be butting up against patio
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 30, 2007, 05:18 PM
    I would guess that the most effective (and probably the most economical) remedy is to dig a perimeter footing at, and at least partially, under the edge where the erosion is occurring and pouring a new concrete footing/foundation (maybe 12"-18" deep and 6" wide) that will hold the underlying soil base from moving out from under the slab.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 30, 2007, 07:51 PM
    You Can Try Using Sand Rock Or Crush And Run Stone These Can Compact Well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black, sugary erosion of concrete block wall [ 1 Answers ]

My house is concrete or cinder block (I don't know the difference) faced with brick and siding on a cement slab. It is all above ground and I have never had any water/moisture/leaking problems in the 29 years of its existence. We have never finished half of the lower level, but have used it for...

Concrete Patio [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to build a concrete paver patio in my yard. The problem is the septic tank cover will be in the middle of the patio. It will be raised about 1 inch above the patio pavers. I would like to build the patio over it but construct something that would allow easy access to the cover. ...

Concrete patio [ 2 Answers ]

I am purchasing a new home. There is a small outside patio that does not have enough slope to drain rain water off. What would be a easy solution to this problem without having to complete redo the patio. Is there a concrete topping that can be applied to the existing slab to create a slope? ...

Concrete Patio [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just found this forum and I see some good answers to good questions. I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. I am looking to build a concrete patio and walkways. I have built my house using slab on grade with radiant heat. We compacted gravel, used vapor barrier, ...

Concrete patio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... my question: I'm having a new concrete patio laid, it's about 15X30'... does it need re-bar... AND gravel? They have the re-bar down, but not gravel.. just dirt? Brad

View more questions Search