Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Jul 29, 2007, 07:43 AM
    "There is no jihad. We are just instruments of death."
    An EXTREMELY encouraging report I found on MSN:

Truck bomber turns against jihad in Iraq - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com

Do you think the Saudi plan has hope, or is it too little, too late?

I, for one, feel optimistic. I've long thought that change in the Islamo-facist mindset must come from within Islam itself, and have long waited for influential Arabs to make a move like this.

What say you?

DK
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kindj

I, for one, feel optimistic. I've long thought that change in the Islamo-facist mindset must come from within Islam itself, and have long waited for influential Arabs to make a move like this.

What say you?

DK
    I find the story encouraging.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kindj

What say you?

DK
    I would like to keep away from heated debates,but I do need to make things a bit more clear as many things Islamic are being misunderstood through media and what a few muslims do.

Quran chapter 017 verse 031
    " Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin."
    Quran chapter 017 verse 032
    " Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils)."
    Quran Chapter 017 verse 033
    " Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand qisas or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the Law)."
    Quran chapter 017 verse034
    "Come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength; and fulfil (every) engagement, for (every) engagement will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning)."
    Quran chapter 017 verse 035

"Give full measure when ye measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight: that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination.
    PICKTHAL: Fill the measure when ye measure, and weigh with a right balance; that is meet, and better in the end."

If and when a muslim really follows the right guidance in Islam through the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (saw), then he/she will not willingly kill oneself nor kill others for no apparent reason.
    Another thing is that we as muslims are advised to teach/show others the right path to Islam and killing unnecessarily innocent people we are not going to be able to show them the right path of Islam nor will they revert to the right path as they are dead.

Another thing is (having lived a life without much want and having our daily necessities met), I think that the children born into a war and growing up in a war where there is no security for themselves or their families,not enough to eat/drink and not knowing when their whole lives will be obliterated -these make such youngsters easy targets as their frustration with not knowing what to do or how to bring about peace when their own governments are destroying within themselves it does make it easy for anyone who wish to corrupt young minds of an everlasting peaceful paradise(who wouldn't want that they immediately get out of the living hell called "war"?)

The other thing is many incidents within war torn countries happen out of self defence and such young men and women have seen their own families killed in front of their own eyes and who could really say we blame them when they take drastic measure (I know for myself that if I was cornered and frightened and had nowhere to turn then I would attack whoever was in front me even if it is not the enemy).

And saying that all muslims must take responsibility for what a few are doing is not right, as it is not right to ask all humanity to take responsibility for the murderers,rapists etc.
    And just one intervention may give hope, but it is not the end of such killings as one war stopped does not mean that it is the end of all wars for all time.

Jihad is advised in Islam and it begins with oneself first. Keeping oneself from all things forbidden is a jihad of the self and this is the hardest as everything in this worldly life is a test of patience,test of courage and also a test of how firm our belief is in the Almighty and our belief in the Hereafter.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jul 30, 2007, 06:49 AM
    I too find the story encouraging.

It seems to me that the deprogramming of jihadists has similarities to the deprogramming of cultists. It makes sense since the two tend to target the same subjects: usually young teens who are disillusioned and looking for something spiritual with which to fill their lives. The tactics to program them are similar too: peer pressure, false information, indoctrination, even dietary restriction all play a part in the programming of cultists... and seemingly the terrorist-wannabe's as well. So it would make sense that the deprogramming techniques would be the same too: psychological counseling to determine what the subject is really looking for in terms of spirituality, religious leadership and guidance, friends to talk to, a family connection to provide grounding, real care from medical profressionals, etc.

I hope that this is not an isolated incident. I hope that there are other, similar cases that we can hear of in the future. This would indeed go a long way toward ending the indoctrination of terrorists.

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Hey DK,

Anything like this deserves at least cautious optimism... even more so that the MSM would actually report on it. I'm with you, the change must come from within. Otherwise, we have no choice but to meet the Islamo-fascists on their bloody terms, no "diplomatic surge" from "western infidels" is going to persuade the Jihadists to lay down their IED's.

The media actually has a chance to do some good here if they'll take this type of thing and run with it... if they can do so without their usual spin.

Steve
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jul 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
    This is excellecent news, world peace may very close to happening if some cultural gaps can be bridged. Here's my e-mail firmbeliever: [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search