Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gdman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Replacing Water Supply Valve for Toilet
    I have a water supply valve that supplies water to the toilet. The valve is not made with a removal flex line fitting. Instead it has a galvanized flex tube that is a valve and tube combo (1 piece) with a valve shutoff handle. You can see where I am going with this...
    I want to change it out (since it leaks now after bending it too many times of trying to get it to fit right.. anyway, am I going to have to cut the valve at the feed line from the wall to replace it all. Or can I just get a rubber hose and clamp it all real tight and put another rubber hose on the end I cut off and attach my new flex hose to the toilet? What can I do here to just get the new flex line to the toilet without the leak?

Thanks.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 29, 2007, 03:10 AM
    I'd replace it all. Putting a 'band-aid' on it may eventually start leaking again.

XenoSapien
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 29, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Can you post a pic?

No rubber hoses, you need to use proper plumbing connections, like braided stainless hoses. There should be a fitting at each end, unfasten them, and the new replacement should connect to the shutoff and the toilet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing broken toilet supply line? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I'm an amateur DIYer and successfully fixed one of my leaking toilets. Unfortunately the other one required a new flush and fill valve, and even more unfortunately, after rebolting the tank back in and taking the flexible supply line in hand, it snapped off at the shut off valve! I've looked...

Toilet Water supply valve is dripping. [ 2 Answers ]

Can I repair the valve? Or, do I have to replace it? If repair any advice?

Toilet Water Supply Shutoff Valve problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is this; When I turn the toilet water supply valve I don't hear any water flow sound anymore, so the only way we can flush the toilet is to fill up a bucket with water and pour it down. Before we had the same problem but what we would have to do is turn on the faucet to the tub...

Water supply valve leaking [ 3 Answers ]

Friends- I asked about water supply valve leaking a couple of weeks ago. Just got to repairing it. With some difficulty I got the packing around the stem and wonder of wonders the valve does not leak. Thank you. However, when I turned on the water supply to the house (There was no other turn...

Mishap in replacing supply valve under sink [ 3 Answers ]

I was replacing the supply valves under my new bathroom sink as the old ones had old fashioned metal connectors that wouldn't work. The old supply valves had a soldered on metal pipe right behind the knob, and I now realize (too late) that that was what I needed to unscrew (probably by cutting off...

View more questions Search