Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jilly billy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 09:59 PM
    A Myserty bug, Anybody know what it is?
    Hello. I had found this insect a while back in Westerly, RI, I haven't seen one like this for years now, and when I had seen it before, it was only for a week or two and it disappeared until the next year, This bug I have now is the forth time I have ever seen it. It is about three inches long, Shades of a light brown, has four wings, two sit above the bottom two. The wings are just longer than two inches and almost an inch thick. It has a neck of one centimeter long and almost as wide. The head is the size of a dime and almost flat. Two eyes are bulging out of the side. It had two intennors of two inches long coming out from right above the eyes. The body is just over half an inch long with three equally spaced legs on each side coming from the middle of the body, each with four joints, the first just larger than one cm. long. It also has a tail slightly thicker than a dragonfly, but it's the only 3/4" long. Everyone I have shown it to has never seen anything like it. Help me, Thanks.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 30, 2007, 05:05 PM
    You might try finding your mystery bug by visiting this web site:

What's That Bug?

Good luck.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
    jilly billy when/if you find it let us know I am very interested in what it is. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what it could be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bug like bumps [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone. CAn anyone tell me about a illness. I have never seen it before in my life but I have it now. It is an unknown condition which even seems weird to me. I have these like bug-like bumps and they are very itchy. They only appear at 5 at night and it would be itchy all throughout the...

What kind of bug is this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. When I lived in Alabama, I found this caterpillar, or at least I think it's a caterpillar :), in front of my trailer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind it is and what they know about it. Thanks! Emily P.S. I took these pictures in 2005, so I would like to know soon...

Mystery bug [ 4 Answers ]

We have a bug that keeps showing up. I have searched bug sites but I cannot figure out what it is, or where they are coming from, or how to get rid of them They are 6 legged, cream/tan, with antenna. They are about a 1/2 inch long and usually just sit on the wall or ceiling, but they can go pretty...

What typ of bug is this [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I need to know what type of bug is this I'm finding them in rooms all over my house. They are small almost the same body as a lady bug but smaller black with white dots on the back

What kind of bug is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a very small, tiny bug crawling aroung near and around the bottom of my tub and it appears to be coming from a small crack or opening at the bottom of the tile on the wall. It is shaped like a tadpole, or cone. The head is wide and round and narrows as it goes back toward the tail....

View more questions Search