Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Some women who have abortions planned to have a child... some were forced to, read into it more.

Also, What about the millions of children already looking to be adopted. Is it right to let a newborn baby have the right to good parents that they have been waiting their whole lives for? Adoption isn't always the best answer. Adoption is just as horrible to the mother and to the relatives as abortion, and anyone who has ever given up a child will tell you the same.

Either way, it is not something that should be up to a government to decide... each person has their own story and their own reasons. We are moving ever so slowly away from any rights at all...
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
    I am against a baby being aborted simply because the mother didn't want it. That is a lame excuse. You had sex, you suffer the consequences. I would never abort a baby just because it was unplanned or I didn't want it.

But as for the baby having extreme health issues, I feel it is best for the baby, and the emotions of the mother, to abort the baby. Could you imagine holding your newborn child, and then not too much later have the doctor tell you the time he was pronounced dead? If I was that person, I would never ever get over it.

As for the rape issue, I can't pick a side on that. Someone previously posted they had a child that resulted from a rape, and loves that child more than anything. But on the other hand, some women don't want that reminder of that horrible time in their life. Like I said, when it comes to rape, I can't pick a side.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Alka--have to spread the love.

Great post.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
    I had an unplanned pregnancy. I chose ADOPTION. That decision has cost me more than you would ever believe.

I got pregnant using 3 forms of birth control, with a guy I'd been with for 2 years, conceiving the second time I'd had sex.

I thought of abortion, I nearly got an abortion, but decided that I couldn't live with myself.

In so many ways, that would have been easier than adoption--you really have no idea until you've faced the choice.

There are as many valid reasons for abortions as there are women getting them. Don't judge them until you've stood in their shoes.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I am against a baby being aborted simply because the mother didnt want it. That is a lame excuse. You had sex, you suffer the consequences. I would never abort a baby just because it was unplanned or i didnt want it.

But as for the baby having extreme health issues, I feel it is best for the baby, and the emotions of the mother, to abort the baby. Could you imagine holding your newborn child, and then not too much later have the doctor tell you the time he was pronounced dead? If I was that person, I would never ever get over it.

As for the rape issue, i can't pick a side on that. Someone previously posted they had a child that resulted from a rape, and loves that child more than anything. But on the other hand, some women dont want that reminder of that horrible time in their life. Like I said, when it comes to rape, i can't pick a side.

I understand the how torn you feel here. There are many reasons I think abortion is bad, but because of my beliefs in free choice, and an option for hopeless cases, I still remain Pro-choice. It's a tricky subject. If only the people who are anti abortion would aknowledge the fact that you don't have to have an abortion or even think it is right to say you are pro-choice, there wouldn't be an issue. Like I said previously, I don't think I could ever have one personally, but I understand when people would be forced to choose it, and that is what makes me pro-choice. And whether they choose to admit it or not, those who say that abortion is fine in the cases of rape, or whatever, are pro-choice too. You can't have exceptions, it is legal or it is not.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I had an unplanned pregnancy. I chose ADOPTION. That decision has cost me more than you would ever believe.

I got pregnant using 3 forms of birth control, with a guy I'd been with for 2 years, conceiving the second time I'd had sex.

I thought of abortion, I nearly got an abortion, but decided that I couldn't live with myself.

In so many ways, that would have been easier than adoption--you really have no idea until you've faced the choice.

There are as many valid reasons for abortions as there are women getting them. Don't judge them until you've stood in their shoes.
    I meant it is a lame excuse if you have knowingly been having unprotected sex. People that get pregnant that way, and don't want the baby, had to know it was going to happen sooner or later.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    I understand the how torn you feel here. There are many reasons I think abortion is bad, but because of my beliefs in free choice, and an option for hopeless cases, I still remain Pro-choice. Its a tricky subject. If only the people who are anti abortion would aknowledge the fact that you dont have to have an abortion or even think it is right to say you are pro-choice, there wouldnt be an issue. Like I said previously, I dont think I could ever have one personally, but I understand when people would be forced to choose it, and that is what makes me pro-choice. And whether they choose to admit it or not, those who say that abortion is fine in the cases of rape, or whatever, are pro-choice too. You can't have exceptions, it is legal or it is not.
    In that case, I believe it should remain legal.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:00 PM
    If only people were better educated. Our sex-ed system really is bad. I wish they would stop being so PC and tell our kids the cold honest truth...
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:01 PM
    If only people were better educated. Our sex-ed system really is bad. I wish they would stop being so PC and tell our kids the cold honest truth...
    No kidding. That is a huge issue.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I meant it is a lame excuse if you have knowingly been having unprotected sex. People that get pregnant that way, and dont want the baby, had to know it was going to happen sooner or later.
    Nothing against you by the way... I was just trying to say you aren't alone in being so unsure about it all.;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Nothing against you by the way...I was just trying to say you aren't alone in being so unsure about it all.;)
    No no I didn't take offense whatsoever. I understood what you were saying :)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:13 PM
    This bears repeating. Don't even get me started on the "abstinence only" crap. :mad:
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Oh that irks me as well. I will make sure my children are well educated.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Aug 2, 2007, 06:17 PM
    My kids, if I ever have them, will be fully educated on sex and it's consequences.

And any boy that so much as looks at my daughters will have their knees broken :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
    My husband jokes about pulling the shot gun out and shiunning it on the first date... lol...
    But I agree. I will make sure they know everything I can tell them..
    Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnosna
    My kids, if I ever have them, will be fully educated on sex and it's consequences.

And any boy that so much as looks at my daughters will have their knees broken :)
    I have boys, aka "the future lookers".. lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

I am happy to have my daughter in a great school system that teaches abstinence, STDs and the like. After her 3 week course this last spring, she is in no rush to have a boyfriend.

I had to sign a release after reading through the curriculum, it was amazing what they taught. I learned some if it in COLLEGE.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am happy to have my daughter in a great school system that teaches abstinence, STDs and the like. After her 3 week course this last spring, she is in no rush to have a boyfriend.

I had to sign a release after reading through the curriculum, it was amazing what they taught. I learned some if it in COLLEGE.
    I wish some of the school systems around here were like that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Here in the bible belt I was amazed at what they taught. I couldn't believe the half of it. If we chose not to let our children participate we had to teach it at home and they still had to pass the test to go on to the next grade.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Aug 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
    The basic run through of sex ed for us was:

Here's the basic premise.
    You probably shouldn't actually do this stuff.
    If you're going to, at least be safe. We've got condoms here in the guidance office, and the health department has them free. Or you can go out and buy your own.
    Condoms are good, but they can break or fail in other ways.
    Here's a picture of a really advanced case of chlamydia. He used a condom and still managed to get this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After abortion [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion by using pills before 9 months my periods are also normal after that but there is secreation of white liquid from my breasts and liquid comes out of the nipples from multiple holes.I m worried please tell me what it is?

After the abortion [ 4 Answers ]

I had an abortion about 2 weeks ago. I was told by my medical provider to not have sex for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! I understand that my body has to heal, but unfortunately my man and I had sex within 6 days. Right after making love I began to bleed. Since then I have been bleeding very lightly but...

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search