Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I wonder how many of you have been in the position to have to choose between having an abortion or giving a child up for adoption.

Just how many of you, out of curiosity, have truly been stuck between that rock and that hard place? I bet I could count the number of you on one hand that have been in this position.

This is a very hard decision to make. It is also a very personal decision to make. The government should not be able to make this decision for us. If it does, then we resort to back alley abortions again, like the one that disabled my brother-in-law, and killed many women due to less than safe practices.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
    I'm neutrαl with the situαtion- yes I think αbortion is not α very good option, αnd to those who think αbortion is like αnother method of birth control αnd treαt it like some gαrbαge dispenser I definαtely think it's wrong!!

rαpe victims, unplαnned pregnαncy... etc. bottom line it's your decision αnd α big one- your killing α bαby 1 week- 30weeks whαtever it's still tαking the life out of someone αnd your going to hαve to deαl with it for the rest of your life.

Like I sαid I'm not PRO life or with αbortions I'm neutrαl.. Get your tubes tied or your wαnkies snipped if you don't wαnt αny goddαmn children!!

embryos, fetuses, bαbies whαtever you mαy cαll it αre still humαns they're living.. just becαuse α tαdpole doesn't look like α frog does it meαn it is not α frog?? -- think αbout it-- your mαking α big choice here..

in my opinion: αbortion should be legαl [if your doing it illegαlly chαnces αre you cαn't sue if you fαll under α mαl-prαctice, being legαl meαns α more sαfer "surgery"] but before getting one they should hαve councilors/therαpists consulting you before the αbortion.. αnd like the one stαte did you should αlso get αn ultrαsound!-- big decisions people..big!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I wonder how many of you have been in the position to have to choose between having an abortion or giving a child up for adoption.

Just how many of you, out of curiosity, have truly been stuck between that rock and that hard place? I bet I could count the number of you on one hand that have been in this position.

This is a very hard decision to make. It is also a very personal decision to make. The government should not be able to make this decision for us. If it does, then we resort to back alley abortions again, like the one that disabled my brother-in-law, and killed many women due to less than safe practices.
    Exactly why I don't judge. I can't.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saraispiel19
    i'm neutrαl with the situαtion- yes i think αbortion is not α very good option, αnd to those who think αbortion is like αnother method of birth control αnd treαt it like some gαrbαge dispenser i definαtely think it's wrong!!!

rαpe victims, unplαnned pregnαncy...etc. bottom line it's your decision αnd α big one- your killing α bαby 1 week- 30weeks whαtever it's still tαking the life out of someone αnd your going to hαve to deαl with it for the rest of your life.

like i sαid i'm not PRO life or with αbortions i'm neutrαl.. get your tubes tied or your wαnkies snipped if you don't wαnt αny goddαmn children!!!

embryos, fetuses, bαbies whαtever you mαy cαll it αre still humαns they're living.. just becαuse α tαdpole doesn't look like α frog does it meαn it is not α frog?? -- think αbout it-- your mαking α big choice here..

in my opinion: αbortion should be legαl [if your doing it illegαlly chαnces αre you cαn't sue if you fαll under α mαl-prαctice, being legαl meαns α more sαfer "surgery"] but before getting one they should hαve councilors/therαpists consulting you before the αbortion.. αnd like the one stαte did you should αlso get αn ultrαsound!-- big decisions people..big!
    Guess you didn't read the link did you Sarai? Let's say that you are pregnant and you find out that your child has multiple chromosomal abnormalities, probably, most likely will not live past the age of 1 hour, what would you do?

What would you do if you found out that due to a rare anomaly that the fetus inside you is slowly eating away at you and you may live through the 9 months of pregnancy? What would you do?
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Like I sαid I'm not αgαinst it J_9 or for it--

I would still keep the bαby though.. I wouldn't be αble to mαke thαt sort of decision
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
    My cousin is actually pressuring me to get one. She made this whole fancy speech about how I would go through life and how I wouldn't get any me time. Even after so many people pressuring me and everything, I find that I can do this. I'm not financially set and I don't really have a job but I just have faith that I can do it. And I see where all of you are coming from, but put yourself in the fetus' position. Imagine if none of you were ever born. Imagine what the lives of the people you care about and have affected for the betters lives would be like.... that's the way I see it anyways.
    Bigger_Don Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Ok I'm new to this and I know there is probable a way of how your meant to answer these questions however looking through most answer I see most people are against abortions. Fair enough that for you to decide but have you ever thought of it this way. The baby in the womb not knowing of the outside world of the hurt the pain and the dangers. He may think there is nothing outside his world that he will be created and die in that same world. How do we know that we're not in a "womb" of some sort waiting to be born. People come and go all the time. Do we know we're they go no. Hw do you knoqw that your not going to be aborted tomorrow. Abortion is the choice ogf the mother. The baby doesn't know of the outside world and in all honesty I think never should. It's a horrible place out here I envy them in there all nice and cosy just waiting either for birth or for death it doesn't know and in all honesty it probably doesn't care. I'm not ebign harsh I'm telling the truth the most that's going through that baby's mind is "whats that thing down there strange long tube like thing."
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 12:33 PM
    But shouldn't it have a chance at a future? What if martin luther King had been aborted? Or Ghandi? We never think of it that way, but the fetus in a mothers womb could be the person to cure cancer or find a cure for AIDS or something.
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Sarai, I know you said that you are neither for nor against it, I was just making a statement, that UNTIL we are in that position we really cannot say what we would do.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    But shouldn't it have a chance at a future? What if martin luther King had been aborted? Or Ghandi? We never think of it that way, but the fetus in a mothers womb could be the person to cure cancer or find a cure for AIDS or something.
    There are many what-ifs in this world, too many to let that make a difference. What-if the woman who dies from a RH-pregnancy could have cured cancer... there are too many ways to do what-if to even bother with it... we'd end up going in circles...
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 2, 2007, 12:50 PM
    This is a very hard decision for the women who are actually in this spot where they have to chose, it's a life long decision that will affect the women either way she goes she will have to live with herself and the decision she made, there for with that said I think it's the women's decision. I myself was in this same spot a few months ago, I have two young kids and found out that I was going to have another despite that I was on birth control and tyring to prevent this from happening.
    I was going through a lot and the decision came down to was I mentally and physically able to do this again.
    It was the hardest decision I ever had to make but after a lot of thinking and praying I did what I thought was best for me and what I knew I could live with.
    This needs to be the women's decision unless it comes down to a women living or dying.
    I would much rather see a baby be aborted at a few weeks rather then turning on the news and seeing it in the trashcan (dead or alive).
    If the baby is known to have a birth defect and a women has the chose to abort the baby because of medical reasons or carry it to term only to take a chance at the baby living or dying then that should be the decision of the parents.
    They should decide what they believe to be best if they don't want to take any chances of either having a child with problems or one dying within hours of being born then they should abort but then again not everything is 100%
    They could decide to carry the baby to term and end up having a baby that has normal life.
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Be that is it may.... it's still something I'm hopeful of.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety

What if HITLER had been aborted, or Lenin? What if Ted Bundy had been aborted, instead of placed for adoption?

You can play the "what if" game all you want. Don't you think that every woman who has made that choice, REGARDLESS what her choice WAS, doesn't play that game with herself, every single day?
    emilykatherine Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I think that men should not have a say if it is illegal or not.
    Because it does not affect them in any way.
    And I think it should be illegal except for special cases.
    Like rape.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emilykatherine
    i think that men should not have a say if it is illegal or not.
    because it does not affect them in any way.
    and i think it should be illegal except for special cases.
    like rape.
    It wouldn't affect a man if a woman went and aborted a baby that was his and that he wanted?
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 01:03 PM
    like rape.
    HOW does it not affect the father? My best friend, his ex gf got an abortion without his concent. Wanna know something, IT DOES affect the men when they want that child and already are in love with that child! Maybe you would think differently if your shirt was soaked in your your best friends tears but NEVER say that it does not affect them and that they should have no say in it!
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 01:07 PM
    So, paying child support for 18 years does not affect men? Hmmmm, I'll have to ask some men about that.

Yes, the decision to have a child or not does affect the men. Just ask any man who is paying child support to a woman whom he is not married to. Whole other issue though.

like rape.
    So you are in favor of back alley abortions like we had in the 60s?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 2, 2007, 01:51 PM
    2. Planned Parenthood Funding
    Started when: 1970

By whom: President Nixon and a Democratic Congress.

Why: To subsidize domestic birth control and pregnancy testing, but supposedly not abortion.

What it does: Health and Human Services funds nearly 5,000 family planning clinics around the country, some of which are operated by Planned Parenthood. It also funds Planned Parenthood through Medicaid grants and Social Services block grants. The Washington Times reported in 1997 that of the approximately five million women who visit HHS clinics each year, more than 1.2 million are adolescent girls. Because money is fungible, HHS in effect not only subsidizes the distribution of birth control to teenage girls but also abortions. In addition to running HHS family planning clinics, Planned Parenthood is the nation's leading abortion provider. ----------------------
    ----------------------------------------------

Cost: In 2001, according to the General Accounting Office, Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its affiliates received $162 million in federal funding.

From

Ten Worst Government Programs Human Events - Find Articles

Why should anti abortion taxpayors fund this?

Those who don't want the government to tell them that killing the unborn is illegal - aka those that are "pro-choice" should pay for their own abortions.

Grace and Peace
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    2. Planned Parenthood Funding
    Started when: 1970

By whom: President Nixon and a Democratic Congress.

Why: To subsidize domestic birth control and pregnancy testing, but supposedly not abortion.

What it does: Health and Human Services funds nearly 5,000 family planning clinics around the country, some of which are operated by Planned Parenthood. It also funds Planned Parenthood through Medicaid grants and Social Services block grants. The Washington Times reported in 1997 that of the approximately five million women who visit HHS clinics each year, more than 1.2 million are adolescent girls. Because money is fungible, HHS in effect not only subsidizes the distribution of birth control to teenage girls but also abortions. In addition to running HHS family planning clinics, Planned Parenthood is the nation's leading abortion provider. ----------------------
    ----------------------------------------------

Cost: In 2001, according to the General Accounting Office, Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its affiliates received $162 million in federal funding.

from

Ten Worst Government Programs Human Events - Find Articles

Those who don't want the government to tell them that killing the unborn is illegal - aka those that are "pro-choice" should pay for their own abortions.

Grace and Peace
    But on the other hand if we didn't have planned parenthood the number of unwanted kids would rise excessively.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Aug 2, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Why should criminals pay police, district attorneys, etc with their taxes?

Why should anti-war taxpayers fund wars?

Why should atheist taxpayers fund faith based initiatives?

You don't get a direct say in where your tax money goes (with the exception of that little box on your return that authorizes your money to go into the election fund to be used as federal matching dollars) on ANY issue. Why would your pet issue be any different from anybody else's?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After abortion [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion by using pills before 9 months my periods are also normal after that but there is secreation of white liquid from my breasts and liquid comes out of the nipples from multiple holes.I m worried please tell me what it is?

After the abortion [ 4 Answers ]

I had an abortion about 2 weeks ago. I was told by my medical provider to not have sex for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! I understand that my body has to heal, but unfortunately my man and I had sex within 6 days. Right after making love I began to bleed. Since then I have been bleeding very lightly but...

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search