Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I totally agree with you. But its just the WAY the parents go about doing things is what makes me so upset. There are so many other alternatives to throwing them in the dumpster.

When I was in high school I remember an incident from another town where a girl had her baby in a public bathroom that was in a park, and left it in the toilet to die. How could anyone be so cruel and heartless?
    Not to sound like I am a religious fanatic, but for us muslims the rules/regulations regarding fornication/adultery is very strict and incidents like the one you mentioned makes my belief stronger in that the Almighty sent down strict laws as He alone knows how cruel humans could be to unwanted babies.
    For us illegitimate sex (sex outiside of marriage is a Sin (though many disobey this rule too)), and I guess this rule is a prevention of such incidents happening and saving mothers(fathers too sometimes are involved and some family member/friend) from taking such rash decisions to kill a life and/or abondan helpless babies into a life of rejection/retardation.
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jul 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Abortion is infant murder. There are millions of families that would like to have a kid but can't for various reasons, they would love to have a kid to abopt.

Sorry if I offended anyone dealing with the holy trinity and catholics.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 10:28 PM
    I say that abortion should remain legal.

PROVING rape or incest takes longer than the 9 months a woman is pregnant, as a general rule. Making abortion legal in those cases only would create a HUGE level of falsely accused rapists.

Mother's life in danger? So... only if her PHSYICAL life is in danger, not her emotional well-being, or her mental capacity to deal with a child? We allow women to go to shelters if someone is committing any kind of abuse on the, and emotional and mental abuse are as valid as physical abuse. Why is taking her physical capability into effect the only way that counts?

As for those of you pushing adoption instead of abortion---I hope someone in your family chooses adoption instead of abortion, and deprives you from seeing a child you care about for the rest of that child's life, and see how it affects you. Your daughter, your sister, your best friend. Blithely offering adoption as a way to fix things because "some poor couple out there could love and take care of your child" is stupid. There are plenty of valid reasons out there for choosing adoption. One should not be pressured because someone they don't even know wants a BABY instead of an older child.

As far as raising a child one doesn't want at all, but can't bring to place for adoption---would YOU want to be the child that has a mother that resents it for the rest of her life for taking away her youth, her time to have fun, chances at so many things? Yes, I know that the mother makes that choice when she chooses to have the child--but I know a few people that wish they would have not been born because of the kind of parents they had.

My solution to the abortion problem? Automatic birth control required by the state at age 13 for both boys and girls, removed only when a basic test of parenting skills and common sense is passed. Take away the RIGHT to have a baby, and make it a PRIVILEGE.
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Addressing your statement that its good for the baby to be killed in the womb rather than having to live with an unloving mother... then you must also believe that if someone wants to kill themselves, let them?
    ajhudgins Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Aug 2, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I agree, there is one part of canada that it is still illegal by law.

Edit:::::

I believe it is murder to kill an unborn baby. Strong statement but I have always made that statement. It is a true, and all life is precious.

I would also like to add, that a rape victim becoming pregnant. Should the baby die because of the fathers sin, the answer. No.

I agree with you and God is the one who decides when it's our time to go and how dare we take babies into our own hands and kill them!! God prepares these babies in our womb for a reason and we know it is NOT to kill them!!

IF YOU ARE PREGNANT... IT'S A BABY!!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I say that abortion should remain legal.

PROVING rape or incest takes longer than the 9 months a woman is pregnant, as a general rule. Making abortion legal in those cases only would create a HUGE level of falsely accused rapists.

Mother's life in danger? So....only if her PHSYICAL life is in danger, not her emotional well-being, or her mental capacity to deal with a child? We allow women to go to shelters if someone is committing any kind of abuse on the, and emotional and mental abuse are as valid as physical abuse. Why is taking her physical capability into effect the only way that counts?

As for those of you pushing adoption instead of abortion---I hope someone in your family chooses adoption instead of abortion, and deprives you from seeing a child you care about for the rest of that child's life, and see how it affects you. Your daughter, your sister, your best friend. Blithely offering adoption as a way to fix things because "some poor couple out there could love and take care of your child" is stupid. There are plenty of valid reasons out there for choosing adoption. One should not be pressured because someone they dont' even know wants a BABY instead of an older child.

As far as raising a child one doesn't want at all, but can't bring to place for adoption---would YOU want to be the child that has a mother that resents it for the rest of her life for taking away her youth, her time to have fun, chances at so many things? Yes, I know that the mother makes that choice when she chooses to have the child--but I know a few people that wish they would have not been born because of the kind of parents they had.

My solution to the abortion problem? Automatic birth control required by the state at age 13 for both boys and girls, removed only when a basic test of parenting skills and common sense is passed. Take away the RIGHT to have a baby, and make it a PRIVILEGE.

First paragraph
    Agree

Second paragraph
    Abortion is an invasive procedure and carries a finite physical risk
    There are emotional and psychological consequences to having an abortion

Last paragraph
    Who would implement this? The government? They would not only be in our bedroom
    But in our reproductive organs?

Grace and Peace
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Last paragraph
    Who would implement this? The government? They would not only be in our bedroom
    but in our reproductive organs?
    Agreed, which is why it is perverse to make a law surrounding abortion.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 10:40 AM
    I agree very much. Heck, I'm pregnant right now, and everyone is telling me I should get one. They're lucky I'm pregnant or I would actually kick their a$$'s despite their friendships. It's honestly a little person no matter how you put it.
    Yes, rape is another thing but I (hate mentioning it but will for the sake of arguement) have been raped and I thought i was pregnant and I still would have kept it had I been pregnant.

--of course I think that if you should be aloud one if you were raped of something like that... but as my point above shows, I strongly disagree with abortion.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 10:55 AM
    I personally would never make the choice to abort a child. I think it is wrong for me, but I am Pro-Choice

I don't think that the government should have any say in whether that woman whould keep a child or not. It is her body. I agree with Synnen whole-heartedly, adoption is not any easier than abortion. Both options will haunt the mother for the rest of her life. You all say there are millions of parents out there who want a child... then why are there millions of children out there who want loving parents?? What you mean to say is don't waste a baby people want that, but they don't want the already living children who are wonderful creatures... that is wrong. Our orphanages are over populated as it is. Sure adoption is a lot more moral than abortion, but no one has the right to tell anyone else whether it is right for them.

Now IM not talking partial birth abortion or anything, I agree that is so wrong, you should have made a decision by that point. That child, if born, could thrive outside the womb. But to say that a girl who made a difficult decision to abort a baby at 8 weeks along is killing something, I draw the line... the baby could never thrive on its own.

People who feel so strongly about this, have probably never been in the situation of having to choose. If you were ever in that situation, you may think differently about your opinions. I don't believe in saying abortion is wrong EXCEPT in "insert situation here". Abortion has many faces, and there are many reasons people choose it, many we will never understand without being in that place, but we have no right to tell somewhat that what they do to their body is wrong, simply because it is not what we would do personally. The government definitely has no right telling us that.

I don't mean to sound harsh here, This is just my opinion, I have thought long and hard about this subject, and this is the only way for me to view it..
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Well said angel. That is exactly how I feel about abortion as well. Took the words from my mouth.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Now IM not talking partial birth abortion or anything, I agree that is so wrong, you should have made a decision by that point. That child, if born, could thrive outside the womb. But to say that a girl who made a difficult decision to abort a baby at 8 weeks along is killing something, I draw the line... the baby could never thrive on its own.
    Read this:

Real Life: Why I Chose Abortion - Page1 -  MSN Lifestyle - Mind, Body & Soul

And you might change your mind on partial-birth abortions, which is a disgusting name thought up by the people who got them banned. For those of you against abortion this article will make no difference, but maybe, just maybe, it will give you some perspective.

Pro-choice - my body, my decision.

EDIT: This thread is going to get ugly.
    ajhudgins Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Aug 2, 2007, 11:26 AM
    One of my friends is a rape baby and she is the best person ever now think if her mom would have had an abortion because she was raped!! IT IS NOT THE BABIES FAULT OR THE MOTHERS!!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Good link Jillian. I agree those women should also have the choice. While I hate to think it would be legal to kill a healthy baby, I can't really have one and not the other, You have successfully moved me fully to the other side on the Partial birth topic.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yaleoxford2nd
    unless u were raped
    What's stopping a woman from claiming to be raped? Not all rapes are violent, so a physical exam wouldn't prove if she lied or not.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Why on earth would a woman claim to be raped when she hasn't?
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Some might just be that desperate to end a pregnancy. Did we ever find out with the Duke Lacrosse team rape case... I know those guys were found innocent, but was she actually raped or not? Can't remember.

Not saying I could ever do it myself. But a woman who wants to end her pregnancy will. Legal or not.

My cousin is a product of rape. Thank God his mother didn't do it... I can't imagine life without him. To each their own, I guess.
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
    That's what I was meaning ;)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    good link Jillian. I agree those women should also have the choice. While I hate to think it would be legal to kill a healthy baby, I can't really have one and not the other, You have successfully moved me fully to the other side on the Partial birth topic.
    It changed my mind too. I never considered there would be a legitimate reason to terminate after the first trimester until I read that story. I saw it a few months ago and bookmarked it because I knew I would want to reference it one day. I felt so bad for the woman while reading it, it nearly drove me to tears. My sister-in-law was pregnant with her second child, and two of my best friends had recently found out they were pregnant. All I could think was, "What if this happens to one of them? What choice will they have?" Apparently, none.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhudgins
    I agree with you and God is the one who decides when it's our time to go and how dare we take babies into our own hands and kill them!!!! God prepares these babies in our womb for a reason and we know it is NOT to kill them!!!!!

IF YOU ARE PREGNANT......................IT'S A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If, as you say, God makes the decision, then how can you say that God hasn't made the decision in the case of an abortion? Maybe God has chosen that it's that child's time to go via the route of abortion!

For those who say except in the case of rape or the health of the mother, you are on a slippery slope. If abortion is wrong then it should be wrong no matter what the justification. As soon as you make ANY exceptions, you put it back in the hands of the woman's choice.

And that is where, In my opinion, it belongs. I, personally, do not agree with abortion. I would not counsel anyone to have one. But I don't believe that I can impose my personal beliefs on anyone else. If they make the decision then they should have the option. As others have mentioned, women will seek abortions whether its legal or not. I would prefer not to go back to the coat hanger days.

And back to the OP. I agree with J_9, you have some serious issues that you need to work out.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    Read this:

Real Life: Why I Chose Abortion - Page1 -  MSN Lifestyle - Mind, Body & Soul

And you might change your mind on partial-birth abortions, which is a disgusting name thought up by the people who got them banned. For those of you against abortion this article will make no difference, but maybe, just maybe, it will give you some perspective.

Pro-choice - my body, my decision.

EDIT: This thread is going to get ugly.
    Oh my gosh, that just made me cry :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

After abortion [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion by using pills before 9 months my periods are also normal after that but there is secreation of white liquid from my breasts and liquid comes out of the nipples from multiple holes.I m worried please tell me what it is?

After the abortion [ 4 Answers ]

I had an abortion about 2 weeks ago. I was told by my medical provider to not have sex for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! I understand that my body has to heal, but unfortunately my man and I had sex within 6 days. Right after making love I began to bleed. Since then I have been bleeding very lightly but...

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search