Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Why is my dog a picky eater?
    HI I have a 1 yr german shepard that won't eat. We have tried all the dry dog foods that a pet store sells. If I try to feed her wet food she gets diarreha. Then stops eating anyway. We spent over 200.00 dollars to see if something was wrong,but nothing ,I guess is a good thing. Everyone that sees her says" Oh my lord she is so thin" , I don't know how to respond.She weighs about 40 lbs, people that have had german shepards this is normal and don't get there "bulk" till about 20-24 months. Is this true or I'm I or the vet missing something? Nixie(my dog) only will eat when she wants, but wants something different about every 3rd or 4th day. What should I do?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 04:31 AM
    A quote from the Puppy Raising Manual the dog guide school gives us, ''Note: German Shepherd puppies typically will look very thin throughout puppy hood.'' That is the only thing in it specific to one breed.

Pick a dry chow and stick to it. Selecting one of the common meat based chows, which are more concentrated, will help a little. There are more details in the sticky starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

This weekend, with 3 Labs that are the typical gluttons in the house, we are keeping a pregnant German Shepherd that has only eaten a cup of adult Pro Plan since Friday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My shepard is a picky eater [ 10 Answers ]

What can I give our shepard to eat more, he is very picky

My Puppy Is Very Picky [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and my family and I just got a Long-Haired Daschund Named "Piccolo". Piccolo is wonderful and happy all the time. Piccolo used to eat his food and lick the bowl clean but now he only eats a little and then goes under our table waiting for food to fall from my 4 year old...

Fickle eater [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I adopted a dog today, she is a German Shepherd Cross and we think between 8 to 15 months, no idea about her history. The dogs at the adoption kennels were all fed twice daily with a dry kibble and so we bought her a complete dry food to eat at home. We've also been throwing any leftovers...

My dog is a picky eater [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My mom has been feeding my dog human food and it's not good for his stomach. I'm trying to teach him to eat dry food now (He's 5 yrs old), but he takes one sniff and leaves. He hasn't eaten in 2 days, is this a bad sign? Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks to get him to eat dry...

Lab being picky with food [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, My year old lab has been acting a little funny the last 2 days. He will not eat his food right away. We feed him twice a day (morning and evening). He will just look at us when we tell him to go eat. He then goes up to his bowl and will sniff it. I have been putting a few pieces in my...

View more questions Search