Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rizzaluck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
    401k ? Taken a little?
    Due to a uncontrolable situation I am in desperate need of quick cash,I need to withdraw about $7000.00 from my 401k is that allowed to only take out a percentage, I am only 31 so I feel taken at this young age may not be so harmful. I understand high penalties but unfortunately have come to no choice 7000. Is only 1/3 of what I have invested
    Does anyone have any info on taking a pieceout or do you have to cash out as a whole
    :(
    rizzaluck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 07:40 PM
    [QUOTE=rizzaluck]Due to a uncontrolable situation I am in desperate need of quick cash,I need to withdraw about $7000.00 from my 401k is that allowed to only take out a percentage, I am only 31 so I feel taken at this young age may not be so harmful. I understand high penalties but unfortunately have come to no choice 7000. Is only 1/3 of what I have invested
    Does anyone have any info on taking a pieceout or do you have to cash out as a whole
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:42 PM
    You can typically take a loan out against your 401K. Your plan typically sets up limits on reasons and that you usually need to prove some sort of hardship. First thing Monday I'd go talk to your HR person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

What to do with 401K [ 1 Answers ]

I am being let go from my job after 20 yrs. I may retire in less than a year. I will need to supplement my pension and Social Security. What is best route to reinvest my 401K, in order to collect a monthly amount?

401k [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a 401K plan with a company that is doing very well in the stock market. The company is selling this particular property in Western NY. The new owner does not offer a 401K plan. What are our options with the money in the 401K? I know we can roll it into a Roth IRA but I was wondering...

401k [ 2 Answers ]

I WAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT HOW $ MONEY IS TAKEN OUT, WHEN YOU TAKE OUT ALL THE MONEY?:D I NEED TO CLOSE IT BECAUSE NO MORE MONEY IS BEING INVESTED IN TO IT.:eek: I GOT IT BECUASE THE COPANY I USE TO WORK FOR OFFERED IT TO ME BUT I DO NOT WANT IT ANY MORE. HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH WILL BE GONE?

401k [ 3 Answers ]

I was listening to a Suzi Orman program where she is now saying, unless the employer offers a 40lK company match, do not contribute to a 40lK. The reason? The tax rates today are much less then they were 10,15,20 years ago. My company does not match, however I contribute 15% of my salary. I...

View more questions Search